cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet nightmare

Freshman

HughesNet nightmare

Someone please tell me that this is a nightmare and when I wake up everything will be normal. WiFi doesn't work, internet slow, tech support is no support, they hang, chat send you to disconnect all your items connected to WiFi and you tell him you disabled then I run around and he disconnects me from chat, no respect to the disabled, consumer support needs to speak english, on hold forever, I have sent multiple e-mails, not i can't even connect to chat and I finally got e-mails and they want me to call customer support. I feel like a dog chasing my own tail. And I have only had service since 9/17/18. I called to have my service disconnected and was told I couldn't until after 2 years. What do you do with this company do they purposely take pleasure in driving people to the brink of insanity and suicide. 

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: HughesNet nightmare

@Ratbag

As has been suggested, if you would like help with the issue(s) you're experiencing please start a new topic in Tech Support.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Report them to the better business bureau
Distinguished Professor IV

@rollerman1887 wrote:

Which succeeds in nothing more than the customer being cut off from any help from HughesNet for 30 days and the burreau, during that time, doing exactly what could have been done here.  But, everyone is free to do as they like.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

It's odd how people think that agency is a government agency, when in fact they're nothing more than a rating agency that can only serve as an intermediary between the customer and the company, and the intermediary process takes 30 days, as opposed to much shorter times to resolution here on this community.  To each his own, though.  

@GabeU wrote:

Which succeeds in nothing more than the customer being cut off from any help from HughesNet for 30 days and the burreau, during that time, doing exactly what could have been done here.  But, everyone is free to do as they like.  

Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

It's odd how people think that agency is a government agency.

Perception is reality.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

That's for sure, Mark, but even so, (edit: and I realise this doesn't diminish your argument at all) it's amusing how people fail to perceive the big A+ rating that the agency awards Hughesnet.  Perhaps it should be animated.

aplus.gif

Highlighted
Freshman

Been there done that about 15 times. Please no more speed check, it's the wifi doesn't work unless you stand in front of the modem and the it still runs very, very, very, very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,sloooooow.

Freshman

I did and also report to the federal communication.

Assistant Professor

Hahaha. Just wanted you to see the guy in charge there that allowed millions of phony comments from Russians using fake names and addresses to comment on net neutrality, which was then used to form their position.

I'm certain he gives a rat's bag about your problem.

Ajit_V._Pai_headshot.jpg

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.