HughesNet slowest internet I ever had.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RjD1212
New Poster

HughesNet slowest internet I ever had.

Download speed .48 .50 Can not do anything with this crappy service. They will receive one call from me tomorrow and if not fixed it will be canceled. I do not play games of try this or that. done that to many times.

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@RjD1212 

First, please check to make sure that you are not out of data, which you can do with the HughesNet Usage Meter, the HughesNet Mobile App or by going to this page.  

Secondly, what State Code do you see in the System Summary box near the top of this page?  On the same page, what do you see listed for your Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the bottom left?  

Please keep in mind that if you cancel your service without sufficient troubleshooting to try to find a cause and a solution, you would be responsible for paying any Early Termination Fee(s) that applies.

Don't really care about early termination at this point.  I will fight that to, I have all records of download and upload speeds.  Now Netflix or Youtube will not even load.  Will be calling another provider this week.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@RjD1212 

And HughesNet has the record of you posting about an issue, someone responding to that post in less than ten minutes to start the troubleshooting process in order to rectify the issue, and you responding four months later with further complaints that your service has not worked properly.  Basically the record of your complaint, but you having never responded when help was offered. 

Troubleshooting an issue requires the participation of the person experiencing that issue.

Good luck with your new service.