cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet LIES! I am so mad! Phone, data & speeds are a joke!

Highlighted

Hughesnet LIES! I am so mad! Phone, data & speeds are a joke!

We installed Hughesnet July 12th.  When I joined I was told that 20 gigs a month would be perfect for me, that with your "data saver" software I would be able to surf the internet all day and still stream 3-6 movies a month!  What a joke!  I am barely on the internet now, many pages will not load or work properly, and it drains over 1 gig a day!  I have NEVER used my service for movie streaming, but occassionally I would like to use Youtube (which wont load or work), or have my email open & work without having time to go bathe the dogs, feed the livestock & do my nails before it loads properly, sends an email out, or stops refreshing.  Our phone didn't even work the for 3 out of 5 weeks!  It disconnected me or had such poor reception while talking to your tech support that it was worthless.  Your phone support have promised to send out techs to fix it, but then refused after I spent WEEKS calling to ask for help.  I have spent more hours on the phone trying to get SOMETHING fixed, & I get people that are TOTALLY clueless.  Like the one who told me to go open web pages while I had NO INTERNET CONNECTION!  Then told me I don't need internet to open the pages.  DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!  They did a data usage test overnight last week & they STILL have not given me the results even though I have called & specifically asked for the results.  I haven't even been with you 2 months & am so furious I am ready to cancel my service.  LIARS!!!!!!!!  This is the WORST service I have ever had, & I remember the days of AOL!  I am paying you to provide a service, & you are not delivering on that service.  We have a MAJOR problem & I want it RESOLVED.  I am not going to put up with this for the next 2 years.  You will get sick of me eventually & I will have this fixed or YOU will end my contract early so I can contract with a service that WORKS.  I have no problem going to court to keep you from charging me termination fees for a service that has never worked right.  TRY ME!  You have an obligation.  This contract is not for me to provide you with $$ to lie to me & then treat me like an idiot.  You made promises, you offered the services, and you WILL fulfill your end of the contract and FIX THIS or it is going to get UGLY.  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Alum

Re: Hughesnet LIES! I am so mad! Phone, data & speeds are a joke!

Hi Kricket916, thank you for reaching out to us. I was able to pull up your account and want to address your multiple concerns. 

- Streaming, regardless if on Youtube or through another source, will consume large amounts of data if your settings are on High Definition (one hour alone of HD streaming is ~3 GB). You also have video data saver you can utilize; if you stream in HD, it will cause buffering as the feature is trying to preserve data by running on Standard Definition. It's best to switch to Standard to consume less data (~0.7 GB per hour) and to prevent videos from buffering. 

- Your main concern in this post is how much data usage you're going through. Many of our customers here on the community recommend Glasswire for data tracking, as it will tell you where the data is going to, but bear in mind the application needs to be put on each device to track the usage individually. Unless a device is completely shut down, there is always a chance of data being used in the background. You can also review data tips here

- If your internet is completely down and you can not browse anywhere, we do have a web page you can access offline that gives you a view into your modem and the current status of it. Whenever that happens you would need to go to http://192.168.0.1, check your System Status and look for the state code under System Summary. In these cases, we need the customer to access the page because the modem is not communicating with us and our tools can't run a diagnostic. 

Please bear in mind any delays you may experience with web pages loading is due to latency. This is based on the distance it takes to send and receive from our satellite to your home. 

-Brooke

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

"I have no problem going to court to keep you from charging me termination fees for a service that has never worked right."

Read your contract -- binding arbitration, not court.  

binding.png

Source:  http://legal.hughes.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Highlighted
Alum

Hi Kricket916, I haven't heard back from you. Hope things are well. I'm going to close this thread due to inactivity, but don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance in the future!

-Brooke