cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet and Outlook 2016 issues

Hughesnet and Outlook 2016 issues

I have Hughesnet and DSL internet service.  When I am connected to DSL service, I have no problems with using Outlook.  As soon as I or my husband switch to Hughesnet, Outlook has popup windows asking us to enter our passwords on our email accounts.  We enter the correct password and tell it to save the password, but the popups just keep coming and do not stop.  So, I have to switch over to my DSL to read my emails.  Please help. This is very frustrating. We are using Outlook 2016 with hotmail.com email accounts.

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Senior Instructor

Re: Hughesnet and Outlook 2016 issues

Reboot your modem. Sounds like the modem's local DNS is scrambled.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@jlodge wrote:

I have Hughesnet and DSL internet service.  When I am connected to DSL service, I have no problems with using Outlook. ................................................ We are using Outlook 2016 with hotmail.com email accounts.

I've been hoping more of our Windoze gurus would reply.  I switched to Linux years ago.

Have you tried using Hughes to connect to hotmail.com using your web browser?  I can do so with Linux Firefox.   I had to turn of my Java script blocker though.  I noticed that hotmail.com is now outlook.com.

I was also going to try to create an account until I saw this:

Passwords must have at least 8 characters and contain at least two of the following: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.

I won't deal with people that have those kinds of silly password requirements.

If you can connect to outlook.com with a browser,  I would suspect that it's not a problem with Hughes, but is some sort of configuration problem. 

BTW I would love to be able to get DSL!

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. I hope Mark's suggestion to reboot your modem resolved your concern. If not, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->