HughesNet Community

Hughesnet internet not supporting my phone service-can't reach anyone for tech support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kiasoulgirl

Hughesnet internet not supporting my phone service-can't reach anyone for tech support

I have great phone setup and dial tone, yet when I call out no one can hear me. All they hear is loud crackling sounds. 2 days now w/out phone service. I tried doing a chat with you but it saying I'm not "allowed" to use this service"! I can't call you because my phone isn't working! My phone service is contingent upon good internet service. Can someone please help me?
3 REPLIES 3
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Did you buy a new telephone handset to use with HughesNet Voice, or is it an existing handset you already had?

Is it possible you might have another telephone handset you can test with to rule out the phone as the potential problem?

Odd, that Chat would have that message. Doesn't make sense. I have seen it were Chat was unavailable for whatever reason.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Liz

Hi kiasoulgirl,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I pulled up your account to investigate further and I don't see that you ordered the HughesNet Voice service, and that you're using Ooma instead? 

The suggestion from El Dorado Networks is a good troubleshooting step to check whether the crackling sound is coming from a particular phone.

However, considering you're using Ooma, third party VOIP services aren't guaranteed to work as well with HughesNet and will use your monthly data allowance, whereas the HughesNet Voice service does not use your data.

I see you were just installed last Friday; if the sole purpose of getting HughesNet was to use Ooma, I would consider HughesNet Voice. Otherwise, you can still cancel your HughesNet service now and not pay any Early Termination Fee. 

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Aha! Ooma!

My understanding is that Ooma and Magic Jack need a lot of bandwidth and they don't like the additional latency over satellite.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com