cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet webmail and very stubborn old messages

Sophomore

Hughesnet webmail and very stubborn old messages

I've recently had to rely on the web mail option to get my messages.  I've tried several times to delete several very old (from 2013) messages.  They keep returning to the inbox.  Any idea why? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hughesnet webmail and very stubborn old messages

Good morning MSmith,

Thanks for posting, seems like no one in the community has experienced this, or has yet to chime into your thread. This does sound puzzling.

Do the e-mails return to the inbox after deleting in batches?

How about deleting individually?

How are you deleting the e-mails: from the inbox or from inside the e-mail?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

I felt your pain in having to use the web mail interface.  I do my best to avoid it. I've found it to be intolerably sluggish and non-intuitive.  I use the Win10 Mail app to manage multiple mail accounts, including my @hughes.net account.  It works well for me and I recommend it.

Sophomore

Liz,

Thanks for your response.  I have, for the most part deleted the messages in batches from the inbox.  I will try to delete one at a time to see if it's effective. I'll let you know how it works.

@Liz wrote:

Good morning MSmith,

Thanks for posting, seems like no one in the community has experienced this, or has yet to chime into your thread. This does sound puzzling.

Sophomore

@MSmith wrote:

Liz,

Thanks for your response.  I have, for the most part deleted the messages in batches from the inbox.  I will try to delete one at a time to see if it's effective. I'll let you know how it works.

@Liz wrote:

Good morning MSmith,

Hello again Liz,

I tried deleteing the messages one at a time from within the message and for a day I thought we were successful.  But I checked again this morning (4/30) and they were back again.  There are currently eight messages form 2013 in the inbox as being read.  This is down from over one hundred.  I've also noted that several messages from April. previously read and deleted are back as new.

I used to use Outlook 2010 with no trouble.  I bought a new PC which forced the change.  Outlook 365 is a very poor substitute.  I'm going to try Thunderbird from Firefox.  The price is right (free) and it CAN"T be any worse.

Thanks again for any help in sorting this out.

That is very odd. Thunderbird should be a good 3rd party e-mail client to try, we do have other community members who use that. I'll let our e-mail admins know what you're experiencing, maybe they can see something up with your account that could be causing this. 

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->