cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am moving from Gen 4 to Gen 5

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: I am moving from Gen 4 to Gen 5

" It would also be nice if the HUGHESS NET Usage Meter would work in WIN10 64-bit machines."

I have two Win 10 64-bit machines and the meter works with both.

loveoldtrux
Sophomore

Well, the install tech called and wanted to install the Gen 5 modem TODAY.  He left about an hour ago.. all was ho-hum.  No problems with the installlation.... I was using his Gen 5 before he came back in the room.  I like the usage meter in the taskbar & ESPECIALLY like the 20GB of available data to use for the next 4 days (my billing period ends in 4 days)!! 

Loaded Glasswire... don't know how to really "use" it, yet... but looks like it could be a useful tool.

Will keep 'ya update;

Mark

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@loveoldtrux

With regard to Glasswire, make sure to change the options to "Incoming & Outgoing" and "External".  The options are to the upper right of the circle graph while in the Usage tab.  Incoming & Outgoing so it counts both download and upload, just as HughesNet does, and External so it only measures data being transferred by the internet and not data being transferred back and forth inside your computer.  

Capture.JPG

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
loveoldtrux
Sophomore

Thanks, GabeU!!  Done.  Will keep 'ya updated.. Man Happy

loveoldtrux
Sophomore

Here is my promised update on Win 10 & Gen 5

No data leaks here, guys.  Thrilled to find the new win 10 load on the new Samsung 500 GB SSD boots in about 5 seconds (if THAT long) and I love the new feel / design of Win 10 compared to Win 7 ( not bashing Win 7, mind you.... I just had to update to Win 10 to get updates, which started this whole thing Man Happy).  Norton, Windows and all other apps update GREAT and QUICKLY in the background - this is the way a home computer SHOULD work!!

Love the Hughesnet Usage Meter in the taskbar, love that slick application "glasswire"; watching EXACTLY what's going on in the background, love getting my updates QUICKLY!!  Gen 5 modem works just dandy.

I have not retired yet.... so I turn on / log in / use the system 3-4 days a week - otherwise it remains off.  Maybe when I retire in 3-4 months I'll use the system less..... maybe I'll use it more.  20GB of download data seems to be great for me as I don't watch a lot of streaming.

See you out in the Matrix somewhere....

Mark