cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't type a message in the message field for either compose or reply to an email

Freshman

I can't type a message in the message field for either compose or reply to an email

When I attempt to type in the message field of either a new message or reply message I do not get a cursor, and the area where you can change the font is greyed out. I use Firefox but I also tryed IE and that tells me it can't find the page in the message box.  I can attach a document and send, or at least I think I am sending???? I have windows 10 and this appears to have started after an update.

9 REPLIES
Senior Instructor

Re: I can't type a message in the message field for either compose or reply to an email

Go into the Preferences tab, change the login from Advanced (Ajax) to Standard (HTML) then Click Save.

For some odd reason that seems to fix it. If you want, you probably can go back in later and switch it from HTML back to Ajax again if you prefer that.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

Re: I can't type a message in the message field for either compose or reply to an email

already tried that. Still can't type in the message box.

Freshman

turns out if i select the advance savr and then restart the email it works. Don't like the advanced though

New Poster

where do you find the 'advance'? do you have to do this each time?

This really sucks...

New Poster

found it, do not like it..

how do i get rid of the ad at the top of email list?

Freshman

I didn't like it either, now I don't even notice. Wish someone could figure it out though.

New Poster

Now I am not able to go to the next page..there is no option to do so....

New Poster

I am also having this issue, have tried all "fixes" listed, and it still doesn't work. I am using Windows 8, but have this issue on my hubbys Winows 10 as well, I agree, it's both frustrating and annoying. How I worked around this is to save the email address of the sender into my contacts list, then go BACK to the message and copy the text, THEN click on the Compose Tab and select the contact, set the subject line manually, then paste the info into the text box. It's a total pain in the derriere.

Hi Mary,

I would like to assist you with this. Can you create a new thread for yourself and give us the current details of your setup (browser, devices it currently happens on, if youve tried it on another ISP) ? Thank you

Amanda