cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had to agree to a two year agreement for this?

Highlighted
New Poster

I had to agree to a two year agreement for this?

First day of service and our phones are slow to connect on both bands. Netflix nor Vudu will play a movie for more than a minute without rebooting. I can only imagine the horrors of attempting my online classes next week.
Any wonder fixes available?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: I had to agree to a two year agreement for this?

@ReddG 

If you're trying to stream in HD, you'll likely need to turn off, or pause, the Video Data Saver, but it's best to reduce the resolution of streams in order to save data.  

It's also possible that the streaming isn't working well due to congestion, which is most prominent in the evenings, and even worse as of late with all of the new devices that have come online.  

When you say that your phones are slow to connect, are you referring to the WiFi connection to the modem or the internet itself?  In either case, can you describe what you mean?

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
New Poster

Not sure of Netflix but Vudu setting was SD which is the lowest. On the phones, yes I was referring to wifi. Best I can think of for explanation is it reminds me of AT&T two-wire service. Super slow loading speed.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@ReddG 

What I'm trying to determine is if you're having difficulty connecting your phones to the HughesNet modem via WiFi, or if you're having difficulty using the internet with your phones that are connected via WiFi.  

If the former, you can check your WiFi signal connection using the HughesNet mobile app, which you can obtain from either Google Play or the App Store.  Click the little plus sign on the lower right and then click Begin Test.  This will test your WiFi signal, letting you know whether it's adequate.  These instructions are for the Android version, but the Apple version should be similar. 

If the latter, the reps will likely need some speed test results to begin the troubleshooting process.  The following is the protocol for those tests...

-------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share your testmy Results page URL with us here.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while the speed tests are being performed
-the testing device should be the ONLY device connected to the HughesNet modem while testing
-use the manual 25MB size download test file
-if testing upload instead of download, use the manual 3MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Good morning ReddG, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.