Hughesnet Community

I have had hughes net for 1 yr. I am very dissatisfied with my service thus far. I feel as though they have misrepreseatend themselves.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandilynngood

I have had hughes net for 1 yr. I am very dissatisfied with my service thus far. I feel as though they have misrepreseatend themselves.

I have had hughes net for 1 yr. I am very dissatisfied with my service thus far. I feel as though they have misrepreseatend themselves. At least the lady i spoke with on the phone was not completely honest about the service. was told i would have 60 and was not told about the 10 peak time and 50 off peak time 2-8 piece. After calling and complaining i was given extra gb of data but was unable to cancel. I was told that it would be pleanty fast enoug for downloading wathing movies and or gaming. wrong! i can't strem a video without it stoping to download. I have resorted to an unlimited data plan on my phone just to not go over on data usage. This is rediculous that i pay this much for internet and have to pay for unlimited data too on my phone becuase i cant get out of a contract without a fee. I also do some work from home and get so frustrated for a yar now i deal with it kicking me on and off the internet and slow speeds. I cant handle it any more. I need out!
4 REPLIES 4
jane0362

I am having similar troubles.  I attempt to conduct webinars from my home office and get disconnected part way through my presentation.  I now have to "borrow" office space from local businesses in order to do my job.  It is completely unacceptable with no solutions offered from HughesNet except to visit the online Community and search for a solution.  
Chris11
Alum

Hello Brandily,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear of your experience with us. If you feel you were misled at time of sale we can do a review to verify. Depending on the results you may have recourse. We''ll investigate this further and get back to you soon.

- Chris
Al Clarke

i have asked for 1+ yrs
dtv sent a cinema  kit
for 3 times 000 streaming
no suggestions from hn!! 

=
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Al,

It is very difficult to understand what issue you are having by reading your post above.

First off I would encourage you to start a new post of your own so that we can focus on just your problem.

I will say however that connecting your DTV service to your Hughes internet connection can very quickly drain your monthly allowance.