cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need assistance. My internet has slowed to a crawl...

New Poster

I need assistance. My internet has slowed to a crawl...

I usually get quick assistance posting here to the forum, so I just wanted to give a heads up that my internet speeds took a dive this morning down to 36mps. I ran a connectivity test which showed 20% packet loss. It may resolve itself while I'm at work today, but if someone gets a chance to take a look at my system and make sure nothing needs to be fixed I would appreciate it. I rely on having an internet connection at home for all communication (no cell service here) so the sooner I can get back up and running, the better. Thanks! 
68 REPLIES 68
New Poster

Re: I need assistance. My internet has slowed to a crawl...

P.S. I restarted my modem and pc. Skies are clear. I haven't exceeded my bandwidth. etc., etc. 

P.P.S. I've tried running additional speed tests, but my connection is too slow to even complete the test. 

Same here. What's wrong at HughesNet? My modem is up, billing pd just started, no weather problems... DNS problems? Connection to backbone? Something needs fixed. This is dialup-slow, when it doesn't fail altogether. Fix it, HughesNet.
New Poster

Usually my speeds are okay-for satellite. This is definitely a system problem I am experiencing. It is not normal for it to be this slow, especially at 5-6 in the morning. I always get a prompt solution here in the forums, so if you haven't done so already, start a thread and let HN know you are having problems with your speeds. It helps if you go ahead and run a few speed tests and post a screen shot of the results. Don't bother calling tech support. It takes weeks to get any resolution that way. The forum moderators here are really great.

Issues here in Kansas, too....so slow it won't even load a web page.
New Poster

Interesting. Maybe their satellite got hit by a meteor. ;-)

Whatever problem HughesNet Tech Support will deny exists appears to have been fixed. Decent page loading times (for satellite) have resumed. (OOPS!) Spoke too soon! Back to dragging like dialup, again. HughesNEt, whatever you just didn't do needs to be done again.

Have any of you checked weather at your gateway?
New Poster

How do I find out where my gateway is?
Sophomore

Very slow for me too. Cant get Amazon to load or even Facebook.  Just started early this morning. Clear skies