cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I now have 'pre-paid tokens'. Why?

I now have 'pre-paid tokens'. Why?

I just noticed that on my status meter I now have 'pre-paid tokens'. I'm not sure why they are there or if I can use them 'for "free"? Anyone ever experience this?
5 REPLIES 5
Honorary Alumnus

Re: I now have 'pre-paid tokens'. Why?

At times the Mods will dispense Tokens to compensate a user that needs to run a number speed tests or has other issues.

It may be a good idea to go to your dash board and lo in. Click the "billing" tab and click the "unbilled activity" link to ensure that someone in the household didn't purchase some tokens without your knowledge.
Assistant Professor

My opinion, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Did you call in with a problem previously? They may have compensated you as a result. No charges to your account?

Best to "use" them and enjoy.
Distinguished Professor III

I think I read of a Rep talking about compensating someone for using their account to run speed tests on a certain beam/gateway.  It could be this, as well. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Richard,

Great question ! Gwalk has a good point-  check with anyone else in the house to see if they purchased first and check your balance. If not, they may have been as  BirdDog and GabeU mentioned, provided by an agent for troubleshooting. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Amanda
Alum

Hi Richard,

Also just to add. You would not have been contacted beforehand. They usually just add them in. If you do not see any recent token purchases, and you are still not sure, using them will not bring any extra charges. Removing them is not possible. So they're yours :-)

- Chris