Hughesnet Community

I've been with Hughesnet since 2004 and have experienced fantastic service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I've been with Hughesnet since 2004 and have experienced fantastic service.

I figured I would add my own praise post.

I signed up with Hughesnet in 2004 and had the Pro Plan until Feb of this year, and the Gen4 Pro Plus plan since.  In this time, I have experienced great service and when I've had any problems, or perceived problems, they were addressed quickly and very well.  I have received help and advice on here, as well, from the Reps, Champions and other customers, all of which have enabled me to get the most out of Hughesnet and enjoy it to the best of my abilities.

I have paid attention to my usage, understand what satellite internet can and can't do, and I can honestly say that with both the service and the help/advise I have received on here, I am very happy that I made the choice to become a customer and have never once regretted it. 

I mostly receive speeds that are very well above my advertised up to speeds and have never not been able to do something on the net that I really wanted to do.  I'm not a gamer, nor do I stream, so satellite internet is very amenable to my needs.  I am also grateful that there is a company that can provide me with this service while living out in the boonies, away from the hustle and bustle and noise.  I'd rather live here and have the limitations of satellite internet, being able to enjoy the deer and other parts of nature and watching a sunrise without listening to honking horns, than live in the city and have FIOS.  Very much so.

I enjoy being able to help other people on here to get the most out of their service, as well.  I don't know a lot, but I'm learning every day.  An unexpected bonus for me, if you will. 

Anyway, as I stated, I figured I would add my own praise post.  The main purpose of these boards is to help people experiencing problems with their service, but it doesn't hurt to let people know how good their experience with the service can be. 

2 REPLIES 2
Larry Lewis1

Great post, GabeU.  Thanks for taking the time to put the positive info out there.  It enjoyed reading it.  

Larry and Nathanael Lewis in North Idaho
Amanda

Hi Gabe

Thank you for the kind words. We do very much appreciate it. I hope that you have inspired others to do the same! We appreciate your business and your contributions to our little community 🙂

Have a splendid weekend

Amanda