cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been without service for a month.

herbdhall

I've been without service for a month.

I had really poor service for 3-4 months. Lots of trouble with SSL and DNS errors, sometimes running the troubleshooter and resetting the turbo page helped, sometimes rebooting the modem, sometimes it sucked for days and then got better.  About a month ago I was having trouble getting anything to connect. I tried all the usual stuff, and ended up cycling the power to the modem. When is came back up I could not connect. The top and bottom lights are on and the system and receive lights flash some but the send never lights up and it just cycles. I called support and was told I would have to pay for repairs. I lease the hardware, not own, so they offered to upgrade to GEN4. I don't want it. For $125 they will send a tech to repair. I don't like it but but I pay. Wait for appointment, take off work, tech is a no call no show. Call support. Tech canceled appointment due to no parts. He doesn't know what's wrong yet? Support says they are ordering parts and rescheduling. Two weeks later a tech come out (6 hours late for appointment), determines the modem is bad, but says he has no parts and will overnight a new modem to me. I already waited two weeks for parts and now he has no parts? It's a week later and I still have no parts. I am without service for a month and continue to get the run around. 
27 REPLIES 27
Chris11
Alum

Re: I've been without service for a month.

Hi Herb,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'll look into this right away. I'm sure you're frustrated, any time without service will be credited to your bill. Once I have more information to go off of I will update you. Stay tuned. 

Thanks,
Chris
herbdhall

Thanks, My wife called support yesterday and she is waiting at home today for another tech to come out. She was told the modem was not sent as the previous tech had stated it would, because they didn't feel that the modem was the problem, now they think it is the dish. I should have recieved a call! I waited three weeks for the first tech because he didn't have parts. I was told he would have them when he came, but he didn't have any parts. (He did however have the parts to upgrade me to Gen4.) I hope this new tech shows up and is better than the last, and actually has the parts this time.

Honestly, all I keep hearing every time we call is you don't have any parts for the HN9000 but you can sell me a new plan and new GEN4 hardware. I don't care what hardware is used, I lease it from you because I don't want to worry about it. Yes, the Gen4 may be faster, but that isn't the issue for me. I've had Hughesnet for a over 10 years. I am used to the speed and the outages. What I am opposed to is the data limits in the new Plans. (I would upgrade to the Gen4 hardware if I kept my current data plan). I really do not appreciate the fact that your tech tried to tell me the new plans had unlimited night time data to get me to upgrade. It is a flat out lie!

Your best upgrade offer to me on the website is 20 gig per month for 59.99 (10 gig anytime, 10 gig bonus bytes). I currently have a ProPlus plan +IP. (You no longer offer the IP address option, but I don't use that anymore anyway) I get 475 meg per day or about 14 gig per month prime time and unlimited DL Zone (2-7 am) My usage report for 8/31 - 9/18 shows I used 37.8 Gig in 18 days so I average about 2.1 gig per day or 63 gig per month. The new plan's data limits are just not an option for me. I get FAP'ed on a regular basis now. My $79.99 Plan usually costs me $100-$125.00 per month ($10 for IP, $10 for hardware lease, $25 due to buying tokens.) If I had a faster DL speed I would use more data.

Ironically if I go to the website as a new customer I am offered a Plan with 15 gig anytime and 50 gig bonus for only $59.99 (two year discount rate $79.99 regular). I could almost live with 65 gig of data per month given my current usage, but it is not even close to what I really want to use. I don't want a two year commitment to something I do not want as I am working to get enough of my neighbors to signup for Time Warner so they will finish running cable the last few miles out my road.

I don't want sales pitches, or promises, unless you are offering unlimited data and 15 Mbps for $34.99. I just want you to fix your leased hardware according to our service agreement and allow me to continue with my current plan until I can get something better. 
Chris11
Alum

Hello Herb,

After looking through your account I am seeing the scheduled tech visit set for today. Please let me know that someone arrives and is able to repair the service. The last event reported on your account is that the tech did show up. I'll add a 1 month service credit to your account for any inconvenience that this interruption of service has caused. And provide you with some complimentary tokens as well. If you are happy with your current plan I would never suggest to change, especially if you don't see anything for you on Gen 4. Unlimited during the bonus period is pretty sweet. Get back to me soon so I can process everything. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris
herbdhall

Update:

A Hughesnet tech came to the house today. I was not home, but my wife was there to greet him. He had a company truck, Hughesnet shirt, and showed his ID. Very professional!, The previous tech had none of these. I'm guessing an independent installer???. The new tech thoroughly tested the system and replaced parts on the dish, then re-aligned it because it was not quite right, and updated the receiver as well. I have not been home to try myself, but my wife feels it is working better than it did when new.  

I don't know his name but if the Reps here could find out through a case ID (I don't think this is the latest, but it is one of the Case ID's: 101025412 I had in my email account at work). This Tech was a exactly what we expect in a service tech. My wife said he was courteous, knowledgeable, and determined to ensure that everything was perfect for us. Please commend this tech for his work. He turned a very frustrating experience into a happy conclusion. If this tech had been sent on my first call, I wouldn't have been without service for a month.

Now I just need to see that we are credited for the lost service time.

Thanks
Chris11
Alum

Hello Herb,

Perfect. Glad the tech was able to resolve everything. I will go ahead and add the credits and tokens that I mentioned in my previous post. Thank you for working with us to help address your concerns. Once I've processed everything I will let you know.

Thanks,
Chris
herbdhall

Thank you!
Chris11
Alum

Hi Herb,

Everything is set. I credited your account $125 based off your most recent payment to us. Also added a token package which you should receive notifications for. Hopefully all of this was able to facilitate your satisfaction. You should be able to verify everything in the support center at http://myhughesnet.com. If you need anything else please let me know.

Thank you,
Chris
herbdhall

I got an email for a purchase, but it didn't show any details. I will check when I get home. Thank you
herbdhall

I see the credit and the tokens. Thanks

System seems pretty slow right now. I figured it was offline for a month so I likely have some updates running, but I have my routers bandwidth monitor up and i don't see any traffic except my opening pages. I'll look for the speed test I saw recommended in other posts and try for a few days and see what it looks like.