cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to CANCEL

New Poster

I want to CANCEL

I have had continuous problems with hughsnet. I told them on the phone what I was going to use it for and they told me no problem. There should be any problem at all well wrong I run out of data in only a couple days. I have called on more than one occasion about my data just using and no one is on it. Should have never been told that it was going to be good for what I wanted to use it for and its garbage. And dont let me get started on installation they cut my cable lines and I had to get new lines fixed from where they cut them. What can be done I dont even use anymore. It sucks and hughes net are liars.
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor III

Re: I want to CANCEL

@Jpowel2

If it's been no more than about three months since your sales call you can request a review of such to see if you were misled by the sales rep.  If it's determined that you were you may have some type of recourse regarding the Early Termination Fee when cancelling the service.  You can request a sales call review in the "myAccount and Billing" section.  

Regarding your data, many devices can use data, even without you being aware of it.  The following two threads may help you regarding your high data usage...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

Edit:  If you want to just straight up cancel you can call 866-347-3292 to do so.  Please be aware that you'll be subject to an Early Termination Fee if you're still in a contract.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Alum

Re: I want to CANCEL

Hi Jpowel, welcome to the community and thank you for posting! I am sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with our service, and I'd like to see what we can to do help!

If you are noticing your data being used rapidly, you can perform our Data Depletion test here, then please post your results in this thread. Also, the links Gabe provided are very good references to help manage your data usage.

I located your account to run diagnostics, but I am unable to confirm if there are still any issues since you do not have any devices currently connected to your network. Could you please connect to your network so I can look further into this? Also to get a better understanding of your issues, can you tell me what you're using the internet for (streaming, Facebook, school, web browsing, etc.)? 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

-Brooke