cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was lied to by the sales rep!

Mnmom83
New Poster

I was lied to by the sales rep!

When I first called to find out about service, the sales rep was VERY misleading. I told her that we have 4 TVs in the home that we stream Netflix and Hulu on. She told me I would never go over my data (20 gb) and even if I did, I would not even notice it slow down. I also told her that we use FB and email and that I homeschool my son. I told her that I needed a plan that could handle all of this and she completely lied. Now I am locked into a 2 year contract for internet that doesn't even have enough data to support homeschooling. We had to cancel Netflix and Hulu (after spending $200 on Apple Tv and $100 on Roku devices) and now have to have Direct Tv which is costing another $80 a month. I am so upset with the company! And the service is terrible anyway! About half the pages I go to say no internet available. So it's not even good service! I don't feel like it's fair that I have to be stuck in a contract that was based on lies! Anybody else have this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Amanda

Re: I was lied to by the sales rep!

Hello mnmom83

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We've located your account and will see if your sales call is available for review. We understand that everyone's needs are different and some may not be in line with the service that we offer. Depending on who you ordered service from, it may take 1-2 business days to retrieve the call. Your patience is appreciated.

~Amanda

Dlvenegas
New Poster

I do, exactly the same here. They get you believing 20gigs is enough so you buy it. I even bought all the equipment. When you find out it's not, you're screwed because increasing plan is too expensive. Basically you're left with no internet for 3 weeks out of the month or pay $75 for another 25 gigs that will run out as fast as the first did. For anybody who is switching from a "no cap" plan to Hughesnet, DON'T DO IT!! DON'T BELIEVE THEM WHEN THEY SAY YOU WON'T USE ALL DATA YOU'VE PURCHASED.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Dlvenegas

Like with the OP, if you feel that you were misled by the sales rep, and it's been less than 90 days since your sales call, the reps may be able to pull the call and review it.  

You should start a new topic to address your issue.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Amanda

Hi mnmom83

Thank you for waiting. We were able to get the sales call and listen to it. I can confirm that the agent did indeed say you could still watch videos after exceeding your data allowance and you did make sure to double-check with the agent that is what they were saying. I understand how misleading this information is and we are going to definitely take steps to ensure this agent understands that this is not the case and ensure we reinforce this with all of our sales groups. 

I will be reaching out to you via private message to discuss the billing portion of your case. Please accept our apologies for this situation and know that I will try my best to resolve this in a way that is satisfactory to you.

~Amanda