cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insane latency over the last week

Freshman

Insane latency over the last week

Hi there, im using gen 5 sat and ive been able to succesfully play World of Warcraft over the past 6 months with around 500-600 latency, no big deal. But over the course of the last week ive been getting 1500-7000 latency and disconnections. What has changed this since last month when it was working swell?

58 REPLIES 58
Associate Professor

Re: Insane latency over the last week

Freshman

Yes in game its being reported at those numbers. While im browsing the web it keeps saying these pages took too long to load like im disconnected then 20 secs later i refresh and it works. keeps disconnecting me in game too. @C0RR0SIVE

Associate Professor

Freshman

Im not sure which satellite im pointed at, I havent seen a system state code yet. How do I check that when im not connected to the internet? Also, it seems as if it fluctuates in ping, like one minute im at 1000 next minute im jumped up to 4k then it will lag for a while and finally start working again.

Freshman

@C0RR0SIVE EchoStar-XVII

Sophomore

Was seeing these same issues while playing Everquest.  Large latency spikes frequently exceeding 7 seconds, and frequent disconnects.  The only time that they would decrease down to the normal .6-.8 sec range was very late at night (3-6am eastern).  This leads me to believe that the system is trying to handle too many connections at once and gets backlogged. 

Associate Professor

Can you run a WinMTR test while running the game, and again while NOT playing the game?  Would be ideal to get statistics ran for about 10 minutes on each test.  Please post your results here 

Blizzard: WinMTR HowTo

However, seeing as you are on the older Echostar-17 satellite, chances are during "peak hours" you are going to see latency issues, and potentially disconnects in Battle.net games depending on your beam and gateway.

I will note though, that even on Echostar-19, as of late, I have seen an increase in latency for Diablo III that I used to not see.

Freshman

I would do that but im not sure which host to put in the box? 

Associate Professor