cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robp1
Junior

Internet and phone

Hello

I have been having issues with HughesNet voice and internet since I signed up! Tonight I was absolutely fed up. Our phone and internet have been in and out since I started services. I called in over 13 times in a three hour period because my phone and internet continues to fail mid call. I finally called to find out what the etf was! Of course the call failed mid call. So I gave it one last try. I asked for a supervisor because the reps just didn’t get it! This guy diserves an award for service. After listening to the issues and the complaints, the phone of course dropped the call, to my amazement he calls me back. He ran some system tests and figured out that hey there is an Issue! He escalated the issue to engineering, and said it is a problem with the beam. I just wanted to say thank you for your help tonight because no one has even gotten me that far. The service is still having issues, but now at least someone is going to hopefully fix it. I wish I had a name to give this rep credit. After replacing my home phones, upgrading my systems, swapping cell phones etc. I think there may be a solution to this nightmare.
6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Robp1

Did the tech end up coming out last month, or early this month, to fix the apparent dish alignment issue that Brooke saw while running diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment?  

The tech said he fixed the dish issue. It worked good for about a week and then signal and call drops started again. I’ve called advanced tech support 4x times and explained why they will have to call me back if the call drops, of course no call backs. Seeing as HughesNet is my only voice service and it does not work at all, and this new set of reps will not listen, I thought I would come here and see if someone can realay the message.

I want to make sure I'm understanding what you're saying; are you still having issues with our phone representatives? They should call back, especially when your only means of communicating over the phone is through the VOIP. 😞 If you are still having trouble, please let me know so I can handle this accordingly. 

-Brooke

Brooke,

Thanks for getting back to me. I was finally able to get through. Now they can not preform the tests due to Weather in South Dakota. I told the rep if the call drops they need to call me back, and he was good about keeping his word. So I am supposed to call back tomorrow afternoon.

Robert

That's great to hear! 🙂 Let me know how it goes tomorrow. 

-Brooke

Brooke
Alum

Hello Robp1, thank you for reaching out to us again! I want to first say that I am sorry to hear that the technician visit alone did not resolve your issue, however I am happy to know that our Advanced Technical Support is looking further into the matter with you! Also happy to hear positive feedback regarding one of our phone representatives! I received an update on my end recently regarding beams and can verify yours is among the list of those being worked on by our engineers; there's to be expected improvements within early October until further notice. 

Hopefully everything gets resolved for you! 

-Brooke