cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connectivity

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet connectivity

I have been having issues since I first signed up with HughesNet in January.  In the first month I had to have a tech guy come and repoint my dish.  Then internet then worked for about a week.  Since then we really haven't had service.  They said next time they come out it would be a $110 charge.  I can not afford to pay that everytime the wind blows. 

I have tried calling and chatting with representatives and keep getting cut off.  I am so extremely frustrated I can't even tell you.  I have powered down the modem, reset them modem, and nothing has worked. 

They wifi connecting is strong but I am not getting connnection between the dish and the modem. 

Is there anything I can do to help this fixed.  I am tired of paying monthly and getting no service. 

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Internet connectivity

When you go to the system control page, what are the three digits next to State Code?

Highlighted
New Poster

I finally got someone from advanced tech and they are sending out a tech... need to reposition dish... again.
Highlighted

Why does it keep going out of position? 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Odd that it keeps going out of position like that.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

I wondered if it was maybe attached to a roof.

Highlighted
New Poster

Wish I knew!
Highlighted
New Poster

I thought maybe this is nornal???
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@hnakacey wrote:
I thought maybe this is nornal???

No, it's definitely not normal.  Other than for a service plan upgrade or some other specific reason that required pointing to an alternate satellite, I think the only other time I've seen someone on here needing to have to have their dish re-pointed a 2nd time was a few years after the first. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
New Poster

I wonder.if it needs to be put up somewhere more stable.