Internet speed slower and slower

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitaclay
Sophomore

Internet speed slower and slower

It seems that my HughesNet service and speed is getting slower and slower for about the past 6 weeks. This is just normal usage. I wouldn't even try to watch a movie! This is link to testmy.net results: https://testmy.net/quickstats/Nitaclay

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It looks like it gets worse later in the day -- congestion?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@nitaclay 

For the reps to help, please run a few speed tests using the following protocol.  Basically what you already did, but using the manual 25MB size for download tests and 4MB for upload, and disabling the WiFi in the HT2000W, if you hadn't already.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share your testmy.net "My Results" page URL with us here. A batch each in the morning, afternoon and evening is the most ideal, but the reps are well aware that not everyone can do this, so please just run a batch when you can.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while the speed tests are being performed
-the testing device should be the ONLY device connected to the HughesNet modem while testing
-use the manual 25MB size download test file
-if testing upload instead of download, use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test in the batch at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

Okay, just ran another test using the 25MB and 4MB. I do not have WiFi and my modem is HT1100.