Hughesnet Community

Is there any known problem with the manual payment system since the change?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Is there any known problem with the manual payment system since the change?

I went to make a payment online like I do every month, and had my first problem in a very long time.  For some reason it stated that my payment did not go through and that I should try another card.  No thanks.  

I called them and they processed my payment over the phone, but I was just curious if there was any known problem happening with the manual payment system since the change to the account access website.  I signed in this time instead of making a payment without doing so, but that shouldn't have mattered.  

It was hard to decipher, but I think the rep said something about there being a problem with the payment system regarding some change to MasterCard and Visa or something, or she may have just garbled a couple of sentences together.  It was hard to understand her.

Thanks.    
4 REPLIES 4
Amanda

Hi Gabe

Thanks for letting us know about this. I'm listening to your call right now, perhaps there was a phone issue... I can hear the agent pretty clearly. 

First wanted to point out that there was, for some reason, a credit of $0.51 for  state taxes and $0.02 credit for "excise related taxes" which is the reason your bill was about $0.20 lower than usual. I know the agent explained this on the phone, but just wanted to be sure it was known.

I can agree at the end when explaining something about MasterCard and Visa I did not catch what was said, sounded kind of jumbled. I don't see any alerts from our NOC about our billing system having trouble on that day, so I'll reach out to someone to see if this was a known issue over the weekend. Let's keep an eye out for anyone in the community with the same problem. I'll get back to you when my contact in billing replies.

Thanks
Amanda
GabeU

I appreciate the reply and the inquiry to billing.

There wasn't a really a phone issue or anything, just a little bit of a difficult time in understanding due to the accent.  

I took a look at my invoice afterward and I do see the difference in taxes.  I should have looked at it before asking, but she explained it well enough, and that part was more of a curiosity than a problem.

Hopefully it will be fine when I make my payment next month. 

Amanda

Hi Gabe

Seems like a case of just bad timing. I've responded in the other post about this 🙂

Amanda
GabeU

It's all good.  🙂