cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue After Router Reset

SS2002
New Poster

Issue After Router Reset

I recently attempted to restart my router by using the reset button on the back. After the reset, I was unable to sign in to the wifi using the password on the back of the router. Is there any natural fix for this, or will I need to get another router from HughesNet?

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Issue After Router Reset

I think that's what's supposed to happen if you use the button in the back; it resets the modem and it has to be reconfigured.  You may want to call customer service; they may be able to walk you through reconfiguration.  They can also check your modem to see if there's an issue with it. 

MarkJFine
Professor

When you hit the red button it resets *everything* to a factory condition, including the satellite ephemeris and channel data required for establishing a satellite link.

You will have to call customer service to talk you through re-registering the modem with your assigned satellite.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Liz

Good morning folks, 

Just to clarify, the modem should be able to re-register on its own after a factory reset. At this point, if the password on the back isn't working, I'd see if I could log into the wifi settings and see if you can make adjustments there. After a reset, the default admin password should let you into the settings.

Edit: Also, please don't do a factory reset unless directed to by a HughesNet representative. Smiley Happy

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Thank you for that info, @Liz . Wonder if this could be added to the knowledge base, as my impression (and that of others, from what I've read) has been that resetting the modem is a no-no.