HughesNet Community

Ive got to cancel within 30 day period

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradyj38

Ive got to cancel within 30 day period

I have been with hughsnet only a short time.  I got a mailing, called, it sounded great so I said yes.  The person I spoke to tole me very very little about all the details. I made it very clear I was looking for reliable, simple, internet service that I could watch netflix on and go on FB and watch other vidoes.  I was told $39.95 period! The guy comes with the big satelite and Im like this was NEVER discussed at all. I dont want this. He told me "I wont get pd unless u let me try it (he told me he was getting zero signal) I was uncomfortable, felt intimadated.  He put the thing on my roof as I was on the phone with hughsnet.  To make a long story short. I knew nothing about this limited usage, (I ran out days ago and can't watch netflix now) data cap?, and the price is not $39.95.  I finally got a person today who I explained what had happened and that I was sick to my stomach thinking I am stuck for 2 yrs with this.  He old me ;NO PROBLEM' its within the 30 day period, he assured me my debit card will not be charged another dime and that I am safe .  I never signed any contract regardless so I don't understand how this works.  I'm just relieved that I am able to cancel and go back to what i had way cheaper, no contract, no data caps, WOW, I am lucky.  The person I origanially spoke with needs to be retrained as she told me NOTHING about what you are actually getting, the price was not even acurate
25 REPLIES 25
GW
Advanced Tutor

Wow, I'm more of a a newbie than I thought. My remembery was telling me 2010 vintage but no, I looked.

Customer Since:
12/22/2011
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

2010 vintage.  Like a fine wine.  LMAO. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
maratsade

Where do you find that info, GW?  (I can't find the Account Summary)
GW
Advanced Tutor

It's on invoices you can access in your dashboard
maratsade

Aha!Thanks, GW!  Turns out I've been a customer since 9/27/2004.