cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kindle fire losing connectivity.

Highlighted
Freshman

Kindle fire losing connectivity.

We have 2 computers and 1 kindle fire on internet. The kindle fire loses internet connection several times a day . When I go to wireless and try to connect I get can not connect error message. Sometimes resetting the router brings it back, but the computers are not losing connection daily like the fire.
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Kindle fire losing connectivity.

Highlighted
Freshman

Not that. It's up to date, but thanks for trying.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Then same question about router, is its firmware up to date? Did this just start happening or always been that way?

Sounds like an issue between the Kindle and router maintaining connection, not on Hughes side since computers are fine.
Highlighted
Freshman

Only been with Hughes net a couple months. I have been traveling between old house and new house and I use the kindle, so when I am here I would say it has always happened. Both computers have no issues. Router was purchased in March. How would I check its firmware?
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Open the routers internal interface and find its "UPDATE" utility.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Go to the router manufacturers site and lookup your model, should be a support page how to check and update it.

Is there a timer setting on Kindle to close the connection after a set period of inactivity?

Also what Gwalk said.
Highlighted
Freshman

I'll try both ideas in early a.m. with my bonus bytes and let you know. Thanks
Highlighted
Freshman

I'll try both ideas in early a.m. with my bonus bytes and let you know. Thanks. No timer setting.
Highlighted

Hi cwescott92

We're glad to see our community champs got a headstart on this! Please let us know if you still need assistance after updating your router's firmware and we'll be here to lend a hand.

Thanks
Amanda