cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Modem Update causing degraded service with Apple products

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Latest Modem Update causing degraded service with Apple products

Liz, thanks again for trying to get the HughesNet issues resolved.  For about a 24 hour period last Wednesday (13 Nov) and Thursday (14 Nov) it looked like things had been fixed.  ftp connections worked, and email and web sites page loading seemed more reliable.  But then things became hit-n-miss again. ftp was mostly a fail. The good news is that downloading the MacOS Catalina update (8 GB) this morning worked well.  The file downloaded in 30 minutes and the install went OK.  That compares to the previous attempt back in October where the download stalled and then continued.  The file was apparently corrupted and killed the computer that was being updated.  I had to restore the hard disk using a full backup.  Not fun.  So, we are not yet there where everything is reliable.  Again, I have to point out that these problems seem to have begun in mid-December 2018 when there was a modem update.

Re: Latest Modem Update causing degraded service with Apple products

Good morning Mike,

Thank you for this update, I've passed this over to engineering for their input. I'll let you know once I have any news to share.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->