Limited Connectivity to Gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cait90113
Freshman

Limited Connectivity to Gateway

Hello! I have been unable to connect to the internet for two days now on several different devices. Yesterday I reset the modem and router and still wasn't able to connect to much beyond Google on my computer, and was still unable to connect my gaming device. Tonight I was able to go to systemcontrolcenter.com and ran a connectivity test. The results were:

Packet Loss10%
Average Delay697 ms
Minimum Delay580 ms
Maximum Delay1,500 ms

Then below that with a little caution sign it says, "You have limited connectivity to the gateway."

System status at the top is green, and has the following information in the System Summary, all with green checkmarks at the side:

State Code0.0.0 -- Fully operational 
Summary Operational StateUp 
Data Allowance Remaining5.008 GB

I tried to run a speed test after logging into my Hughesnet account (once I could get the page to finally load), and it would never pull up the speed test. 

My average ping to Google is 1153ms, but as I said, I'm unable to connect any device that requires more internet usage than Google.

The weather is clear, has been clear for the past two days. We have not messed at all with the satellite. It was able to connect over the weekend, I was able to download a small file on my gaming device overnight on Saturday night.

Could I please get help getting this resolved? I'm assuming it has something to do with the limited connectivity to the gateway, but I'm not positive.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
klohr
Spectator

I have been having the same problem on and off for the past few weeks now.  my system is operating in a degraded condition and  I have no idea why. Packet loss is 80%

I usually will only get this bad of service if I've exceeding the usage cap. But we have not even exceeded that yet, and I have been having issues connecting. It's not even detecting we have wifi on a few devices, and I know it isn't the router because my desktop connects via wifi and I was able to post in this forum last night via the desktop. But if I tried to run anything more complicated than basic websites it would not put them up.

I'm honestly glad to see I'm not the only one having connection issues. I'm hoping it's a technology issue on Hughesnet side that can be fixed, and not that they are limiting user access to nonessential sites during this time, because I'm paying for this internet service just like everyone else, essential or not.

What IPGW is shown when you go here?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Deleted

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"I'm hoping it's a technology issue on Hughesnet side that can be fixed, and not that they are limiting user access to nonessential sites during this time, because I'm paying for this internet service just like everyone else, essential or not."

It's congestion; too many users on a finite system, and this is causing big issues. Satellite internet is expensive and finite, and when a catastrophe like this pandemic happens and people are all at home trying to work and learn using the finite system, issues happen. The capacity cannot be expanded.  It would be nice if a lot of those people stopped all the streaming they're doing, which is data intensive and is really bringing down the network for people who want to do their job or go to school. 

We're all paying for services that aren't working well due to the chaos in this country at the moment: people paying insurance premiums can't get surgeries done these days.   

Most of us have not lived through a crisis so we don't know how to adapt, but adapting is crucial and will become more so in the days and weeks to come, so time to learn. 

And ultimately, if a service you pay for is not to your liking, you have the choice, as a consumer living in a free country, to terminate the service. 

@maratsade wrote:

"I'm hoping it's a technology issue on Hughesnet side that can be fixed, and not that they are limiting user access to nonessential sites during this time, because I'm paying for this internet service just like everyone else, essential or not."

It's congestion; too many users on a finite system, and this is causing big issues. Satellite internet is expensive and finite, and when a catastrophe like this pandemic happens and people are all at home trying to work and learn using the finite system, issues happen. The capacity cannot be expanded.  It would be nice if a lot of those people stopped all the streaming they're doing, which is data intensive and is really bringing down the network for people who want to do their job or go to school. 

We're all paying for services that aren't working well due to the chaos in this country at the moment: people paying insurance premiums can't get surgeries done these days.   

Most of us have not lived through a crisis so we don't know how to adapt, but adapting is crucial and will become more so in the days and weeks to come, so time to learn. 

And ultimately, if a service you pay for is not to your liking, you have the choice, as a consumer living in a free country, to terminate the service. 

I'm not sure if you meant to come across as snarky as this did, but I don't appreciate it.

I've never been able to stream with this internet service. If people can they are lucky. I understand everything you just said, and it could've been said without the implied tone. I'm sorry that as an essential worker I am still going to work daily and would like to be able to come home use the internet we pay for even just to browse the internet. Forget streaming or gaming or watching YouTube, I would just like to be able to get websites to load. All I hope with this forum post is to get help, not get a condescending response.

And you're absolutely right, as a citizen of a free country I can absolutely get my internet from somewhere else, except where I live in this free country I cannot get any other internet service except Hughesnet.

Thank you for your explanation of what I had already assumed was happening. I hope you have a good day.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Nope, didn't mean to come across as snarky. Unfortunately, since there's no tone of voice when we write, sometimes a wrong impression is given. Sorry about that!  You have a good day too, and good luck. 

Liz

Hi cait90113, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'd like to assist you, please private message me your SAN (account number) or the associated phone number so I can run diagnostics on your site.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi cait90113, 

Thank you for the requested info. I pulled up your account and ran diagnostics on your site and from what I can see, the HughesNet equipment is functioning normally and getting speeds appropriate for your Prime Plus plan.

The diagnostics also indicates there is wind at your location, so this can affect service performance (intermittent connectivity), so let me know if you're still having a spotty connection after the wind has calmed down.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi cait90113,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz