cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys Velop

Linksys Velop

I have a HughesNet modem/router hooked to a Linksys Velop mesh network. It seems that the modem/router is sending two WiFi signals that compete with the Linksys system. Does anyone know how to disable the HughesNet router from producing a WiFi signal?
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Linksys Velop

Sure do!  

Please see 5.c. of "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" in this PDF.  Please make sure to uncheck SSID Enable, and click Save Settings, for each radio individually, as if you uncheck all four, then click Save Settings, the settings won't hold.  i.e. Uncheck SSID Enable for the 2.4Ghz radio, then click Save Settings, and then do the same for each of the other three, individually.  

Hope this helps.  Smiley Happy  

Edit:  In addition, you should probably uncheck the two Frequency Band boxes in the Advanced settings, as I believe this turns off the WiFi all together, and not just the broadcast of the SSID.  This way, your own router will receive no interference from the HughesNet WiFi.  Make sure to click Save Settings, at the bottom of the page, after unchecking these.  

Capture.JPG

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit