cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Data several days in a row!

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Lost Data several days in a row!

Gabe, legacy plans have a daily reset instead of monthly.

The amount of daily refill is small compared to the monthly refill of newer Gen4 plans. One video can easily consume half, if not more, of daily data depending on definition.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Ah, didn't realize the OP was on a legacy plan.  My bad.

I was on legacy plan for eleven years.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Ok, Chris, when I went to bed last night the meter showed 0% but you gave me a token to get some work done (Thank you by the way!) so around 4 a.m this morning the meter still showed 0%.  But around 5 a.m this morning the meter finally reset but it showed only 50% left and that I had used 375 mb of data at the reset.  Attached is the snap shot.  At 7:40 is showed the same thing so it didn't change in those couple of hours.  The meter seemed to start off at 50% instead of 100%. Thanks.

Highlighted

They didn't say what to do only that they don't know what is using it and they are sorry
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

That is how the daily reset works with the new meter. Only time it will show 100 percent is if you don't use any data one day and it carries over to the next. In other words two full days of data equal 100% one day of data is 50%.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you say is happening.
Highlighted

Tammy,

Okay.  Still, if you would like help, it's best to start your own thread and describe what's going on, and the people on here will help.  It's just easier and less confusing to keep each person's issue separate, that way when someone makes a comment to help they aren't accidentally posting it to someone else or giving you advice on someone else's problem.  You can even copy and paste what you already said to start off the new post.  And you can almost always get more help on these boards than with the phone reps.  That's nothing against the phone reps, but it's true.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Alum

Hello clburke,

BirdDog's explanation is correct. You have a legacy plan. You would only see 100 percent if you did not use the internet/data for one day. It rolls over. Your refresh limit each day is 375 MB. The total limit that can accumulate is 750 MB. That is why it will always say 50% if you've used up your daily reset amount each day. Here is a screen capture I took from your modem logs that I hope will provide more clarity. 

If you look at the Anytime Data Refill Rate it states that each day you will get 375 MB to use. If at the moment I took this screenshot from your modem you did not use anymore data today. You would start the next day with 612 MB(81%). So your data is not actually being used when unplugged. I hope this clears everything up for you. If you have more questions please let us know.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted
Alum

Hi Tammy,

We can help you here. There is always something we can do. From the sound of your explanation they may not have done a thorough check. Please create a new post. Include a some case numbers or your modems serial and we can help you from there. 

Thanks,
Chris
Highlighted

Tammy,

The modem serial number can be found on a sticker on the back or bottom of the modem.