cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maddening buffering movies

Re: Maddening buffering movies

Thank you everyone for the comments! I've NEVER complained about the speed in 5 1/2 hrs. But now that I have a Streaming TV the pauses during an episode of SOA is like 1/4 length commercials but still commercials! I will try these fixes today, I am glad I came on here today.
Highlighted

I bought a Samsung 4 k TV & use smart apps & a 4 k Roku 4 streaming device & @ 8 pm to 2 am I have buffering & disconnects & have the same when trying from 2am till 8 am !!! I have modem HT1100 & Linksys WRT 1900 AC Router !!! What gives, I don't facebook much, have Ultra Plan & like to stream movies !!! PureFlix through Roku 4
seems to be only channel that doesn't always buffer !!!???
Assistant Professor

Main thing is don't stream in HD regardless what plan you have as it eats way too much data even with the Ultra plan. I have no problems with buffering when streaming at standard and low definition.

I reset on the 6th of each month & I still have like 26 gb's left, the company that installed my satellite said I could
stream like 50-60 movies a month in HD or UHD & I like a series on Amazon that is an hour long, only has twelve episodes & I like to watch nature shows & Christian mini-movies on PureFlix, I do little on Facebook !!!
Assistant Professor

Well, you'll never have enough data to stream that much, UHD is even worse than HD. Satellite internet is not meant for that kind of streaming, even cable companies are starting to clamp down on customers who stream that much. 

If you able to do that much HD and UHD then there is some serious video compression going on that I'm not aware of.

Are you in your first month of service with HughesNet?

Should also give this a look: http://www.hughesnet.com/learn-more/how-to/improve-video-performance