cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing out on jobs to support my family over poor customer service!

Highlighted
Spectator

Missing out on jobs to support my family over poor customer service!

When I called to set up my service I had wanted to order home phone service as well considering I live in an area with no celll reception.the man on the phone told me it wouldn't let him add it to the order be for some reason but he would put it on the notes and the tech would bring what he needed to set it up. I made it very clear we were getting all of this to job search and it was very important to have both phone and internet. When the tech came it wasn't on the notes so he said he couldn't install it for me.. I have had several people call since I can not and the problem still hasn't been resolved. I missed out on a job opportunity yesterday because of this because I don't have a good number to be reached at. I am very disappointed in hughesnet customer service. I need to have these things in order to get work!
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Re: Missing out on jobs to support my family over poor customer service!

the man on the phone told me it wouldn't let him add it to the order be for some reason but he would put it on the notes and the tech would bring what he needed to set it up.
This can happen if your physical service address could not be matched in the E911 database at the time you placed your order. For example, PO Boxes do not currently qualify for HughesNet Voice service.

The sales agent you spoke with was incorrect if he told you, "the tech would bring what he needed to set it up." He may have been new to his job, or misunderstood why he was getting an error message and could not place your Voice order.

The installation technician can only install what's already included in your original work order and has no ability to override or add to it.

You can try calling HughesNet Customer Care at 866 347 3292. They can confirm whether or not your service address qualifies for HughesNet Voice, and place your order if it does.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Highlighted
Alum

Hi harmonysmama15,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of your experience, we'll look into why there could be a hold up. Calling in I'm sure is a bit hard at this time. However if you are able to reach a live agent you should be able to get he info you need as well. I'll get back to you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted
Alum

Hello harmonysmama15,

Looking through your account info I see that our support center called you this past Friday and attempted to get your phone service order corrected. The call dropped before anything was done. I pulled up the order for your account, however your area currently does not have any local numbers available to you. Were you going to port a number? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris

Highlighted
Spectator

I finally recieved the equipment and now am unable to set it up. They say if you dont have a laptop or desktop you can call to activate it. The only reason i ordered home phone service is because my cell doesnt work at home
Highlighted

Hi harmonysmama15,

I've replied to your other post here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Voice-activation-issues/m-p/83186

Feel free to post there if you need anything else!

Amanda