cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem Not Working Help

Highlighted

Modem Not Working Help

Hey! Modem is lighting up at power, wi-fi and LAN...but there is no light at all at system, receive, or transmit. Any ideas of what we need to do?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Modem Not Working Help

Did you try rebooting it?

Go to the system control page here: http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

What's the number next to State Code? 

The page is internal to the modem so you don't need the internet to access it, but you may need to connect a device directly to the modem using a LAN cable.

Danielfam wrote:
Hey! Modem is lighting up at power, wi-fi and LAN...but there is no light at all at system, receive, or transmit. Any ideas of what we need to do?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Modem Not Working Help

@Danielfam 

Just in case, there are two ways to reboot the HughesNet modem.  The first is here, and clicking on the Reboot button at the top of the page.  To manually get to that page, enter 192.168.0.1 or www.systemcontrolcenter.com into your address bar, then hit enter.  On that page, click the small letter "i" at the top of the page and to the right of "English" (or whatever language you have yours set to).  The "i" can be difficult to see, as it's very light compared to the background.  When you click on that "i" you'll be on the same page as in the link.    

The second method is a power cycle, which can be better than a reboot.  To do so, first shut down your desktop computer if you have one that connected to the modem via LAN cable, then unplug the HughesNet modem at the outlet or the power pack, but do NOT unplug it at the back of the modem, as that plug is very delicate.  After unplugging the modem, wait for at least one minute, then plug it back in.  Then wait for about five minutes, which will give the modem time to be fully up to date and ready.  Then start your computer and try your online activity again.  

Hope this helps.  Smiley Happy

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit