cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem does not go into Bonus Period until 3 am Local.

Modem does not go into Bonus Period until 3 am Local.

Ever since Sunday after the Daylight Savings Time change, my modem has not been going into bonus period until 3 am Local time.  In the last 8 years it has ALWAYS been 2 am all the time. Is anyone else having this same issue? 

When I click the wizard on my system control center the time in the upper right shows. WED MAR 16 07:34:11 2016.     --- My current time is 3:45 AM ...  why does my modem (HN9000) show 7:35? 
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Modem does not go into Bonus Period until 3 am Local.

I am with tech support right now for the exact same problem.  If I get an answer I will post..."IF" I get and answer.

Typical of Hughesnet....problem is my router...NOT!  As I went down 11% of my anytime bytes per the meter I checked my dashboard for daily usage and all that went down was 1-2 kilobytes.  This is during my free period also.  I don't believe it is my router as they always blame but their system AGAIN.  I am going to unplug my modem after I get finished and then see what happens.  Other times we have huge depletion of daily allowance they again blame router so we unplug the router when off also...good luck and I will add more information tomorrow if this does not get fixed.  This also started after the time change.
Associate Professor

This is odd behavior...  The modem does report the proper time... I wonder if the ending of DST being different than normal is the reason the modem isn't taking things into account...
Alum

Hi wildcats198,

Thanks for posting. This is odd behavior. Most transports should automatically adjust. I have sent your account info to one of our engineers. Once I hear back I will update you. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help address your concerns. 

Thank you,
Chris

I just checked my system control center and it shows regular period ends in 1 hour 57 min. (My current time is 12:03) Which will be at 2 am, they must have the system operating correctly now. Thank you Chris for submitting this issue to the engineers to and them for correcting the issue.
Sophomore

Ok so they "fixed" the HN9000 times last night apparently.  The only problem is, they did this without ANY warning or explanation to customers.  I had already adjusted my scheduled downloads based on the new time.  So this morning I got hard-throttled.

I am rather displeased that I had to burn a restore token because of Hughesnet's incompetence and their subsequent reluctance to send out notification emails to save face.  (This is a regular pattern with Hughesnet.)  I have sent billing support a request for a restore token refund, but I am not holding my breath.
Alum

Hi wildcats,

Although all HN9000, HT1000, and HT1100 customers should have kept their Bonus or Download Zone period in their local time zone, a configuration error caused some HN9000 modems to forget to set their clocks forward as part of the weekend's Daylight Saving Time change. As a result, they accidentally slept in and their period was delayed by an hour. This has been corrected and we apologize for the mix-up. For the inconvenience, I added complimentary tokens to your account. You should receive notifications to your account email. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thank you,
Chris
Alum

Hi jcollison,

Please see my message above for an explanation. We understand the inconvenience and I will be adding complimentary tokens to your account to compensate. You should receive email notifications when they've been added.

Thanks,
Chris
Sophomore

Thanks so much Chris; got them.  That more than makes up for everything. Smiley Happy