cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Hughesnet Status meter has suddenly stopped displaying text on Windows 10 on all 4 computers

tedalmgren

My Hughesnet Status meter has suddenly stopped displaying text on Windows 10 on all 4 computers

My Hughesnet Status meter has suddenly stopped working (not completely ) I get the graphics and they seem accurate enough but there is no text. I have 4 computers running all running Windows 10 and it occurred on all of them. I have not loaded any new software on any of them. The status meter displays normally if I go on the Myhughesnet web site and login to support there! Could I have have missed an Adobe plugin deletion?
4 REPLIES 4
Chris11
Alum

Re: My Hughesnet Status meter has suddenly stopped displaying text on Windows 10 on all 4 computers

Hello tedalmgren,

Thanks for posting. If all 4 have stopped working this is most likely the OS. Did your computer do a Windows update recently? Have you tried reinstalling the programs? How about in safe mode?

- Chris
tedalmgren

Re: My Hughesnet Status meter has suddenly stopped displaying text on Windows 10 on all 4 computers

It now seems to be working again!  Interesting - when I turn on each of the computers and start the status meter, the first time it takes a minutes or so for the text to load.  Then the next time I start the status meter on that computer, it loads the text immediately.  I suspect that there might be some strange interaction in the OS.  Who knows when and where W10 updates!  I do know that it wasn't a major update because the status meter didn't indicate a great drop.  I only asked because I thought that there might have been some status meter update that I missed like an Adobe update. Reinstalling the status meter was my first approach but no change. 

Thanks for the help but I guess we'll never know what caused it!!
tedalmgren

Just another addition, having first begun to program in machine language in 1960 on one of the first semi-conductor computers, a little strange thing like this is a curiosity but not catastrophic like some folks seem to think!  Where I am, Hughesnet and (Direcway) are so much better that the 15k dialup!!  
Chris11
Alum

Hi tedalmgren,

I'm glad everything is working again. If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
Chris