cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Hughesnet voice phone

My Hughesnet voice phone

My Hughesnet voice phone is not accepting incoming calls. Caller either get a voice message that I am not accepting calls or they get a busy signal. I can call out just fine. What gives?
5 REPLIES 5

Re: My Hughesnet voice phone

Hello jmessenger3,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Voice service. Can you tell us when you noticed that you were unable to receive calls? Also, have you ensured that all your cables are properly and security connected as well as tried power-cycling all of your devices? Looking forward to assisting you and getting this resolved.

Thank you,
Amanda

Amanda, thank you for answering. Being a frustrated Hughesnet customer for over a year and placing many, many service calls I know the first steps of troubleshooting. The problem started almost a week ago. Yes, I have checked the cables, power cycling, etc. I don't think if I had disconnected cables or power not going to a device I would be able to packe calls like I am. It is only incoming calls that have an issue. When I call from my cell I get a busy signal. WHen my husband calls he gets a message that this number is not accepting calls. I haven't called customer service yet becaue those atttempts only infuriate me and who needs that kind of stress this time of year. What else can be done short of calling? Thank you again.

Hello jmessenger3,

We sent this case up to our engineers and our voice team looked into this. An engineering admin reached out to you today to your voice number and was able to reach your voicemail. Our corporate office here also reached out and left you a voicemail with a callback number. I see that in the phone records there were some calls answered on the 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th of this month. Do you know if the issue is only occurring from some callers?

Thank you
Amanda

Amanda,
Thank you for replying. I did receive several. Calls this morning that I did not answer because I didn't recognize the number. Late last night I started to be able to receive calls. Only a handful of people have my numerals each one of them tried to call, at my request, and all received either the busy signal or message that this number wasn't accepting calls at this time. I don't know why the service is coming and going but it definitely is malfunctioning. I can tell you that the malfunction was definitely starting this past Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. If your records show that calls were answered on the above dates then something is definitely strange. I was able to make calls on those dates but nothing was incoming. I did get the voice message left on my machine from corporate and attempted to reach Michelle but the number she left for me says that it is not in service. I wouldn't mind speaking with her. I also am unable to find out how to access the hughesnet voice service voicemail. Trying to find the hughesnet voice user guide online is like trying to find a needle in a haystack....I can't find. It. Thank you

Hi jmessenger3,

Glad to hear its working again. I am not sure what the issue was - the engineering team managing the phone systems could not find a problem. We got a new phone system recently so there might have been technical difficulties, but if you need anything you're welcome to post back here anyway.

You can find the guide at http://voice.hughesnet.com/installguide/

Thanks!
Amanda