cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Internet is so slow and useless!!!

Good Housekeepi

Re: My Internet is so slow and useless!!!

My son can't even use his Xbox Live is anyone else having issue and if so can you please help me figure out how to get my service to ran faster
OP specifically mentioned her son NOT being able to play Xbox. Maybe you missed it. It was you that keyed in on speed.  If it's not being hid then why didn't you or Chris post that link in the first place? Oh wait, she was supposed to figure that out for herself, it's not Hughesnet's responsibility is it?

You and Chris both deliberately avoided the main issue. But thank you for admitting that
if trying to play real-time games on Xbox then that isn't going to be doable.
Maybe if enough people complain to their AG Hughesnet will finally be honest and upfront about things like this, but then this is the age of Hillary and Trump
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Oh geez, look who's back.  How surprising...not really.  Bill just proved Godwin's Law. 

It's okay.  I understand why you keep coming back.  Everyone wants to feel important...even you, and online validation is obviously very important to you, as well. 

And going out of your way to bash individuals from here on your little Facebook page says a lot about you, too.  It's actually sad. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
tashanmichael

I understand what you are saying but its only been 4 days and we have already used 67% of our anytime data. There is noone even home from 7a-6p. This is ridiculous!
GabeU

tashanmichael,

You should start a new post for your particular issue, which you can do by clicking on "New Post" at the top of the page.  In the meantime, here is the procedure for testing for data leaks, plus additional info on how to monitor your data and the things that use it....

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/data-drain-cannot-find-the-cause?topic-reply-list...

Also, do you have a satellite TV receiver that may have been connected to the service?  This can use data even when the receiver is turned off, as long as your modem and router are on. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Jeffrey Stewart

Chris,
You appear to be mocking the complaint: just use less?
Land based ISP versus satellite? you tried to explain your company doesn't have to compete?
GabeU

Chris is in no way mocking the OP.  And he made the distinction to explain WHY the data caps are there.  Try reading it for what it is. 

terry.barnett

Hughes net is the biggest scam, warn others how awful it is!!!!
GabeU

terry,

How is it a scam and how is it awful? 

GabeU

terry,

How is it a scam and how is it awful? 

Chris11
Alum

Hi Jeffrey,

Yes there are differences between land based and satellite. You are also correct, we cannot compete with one. Not mocking, I am stating facts. Many people when switching from a land based unlimited system have expectations set on how all internet is provided. I am giving an honest answer. Getting a more detailed explanation of what was told to our customers during sales is important. We want to make sure our customers receive accurate information. If you have a specific concern that you would like addressed feel free to create a new post. 

Thanks,
Chris