Hughesnet Community

My current Voice service was turned off when I returned my previous account's equipment.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kperry
New Poster

My current Voice service was turned off when I returned my previous account's equipment.

Hi,

My phone service was shut off the day after receipt of my returned extra HughesNet equipment, May 23rd.

A "helpful" HughesNet Representative took it upon themselves, and without confirmation, to assume that the returned voice equipment meant I no longer required Voice service. This was not directly related to my upgrade, as that internet and phone service account (assigned to the returned equipment) had already been cancelled in April. The upgrade equipment I was assigned to my current Gen5 account allowed for excellent voice service until HughesNet shut it off.

While away for 3 months, I called repeatedly about having a dead line at my house only to be told I needed to be home with the equipment to troubleshoot the problem.

August 4th, after arriving home to my equipment, I called again. However, there was no need to troubleshoot anything. The Customer Service Rep kindly told me that since I returned the voice equipment my voice service was cancelled May 24th. YET I continued to be charged and pay for voice service throughout the summer.

I have been asking to have my voice service to be turned back on since. I have been told that there is an error that keeps this from happening and that they are working on it. I actually had one customer service rep ask my why I keep calling when all I can be told is that they are working on the problem. Another tech support rep concluded it best to answer my questions about a timeline and what needed to be done with complete silence. He was able to tel me he was still on the line, but not say a word when I asked him about when I could expect my phone to work. Each time I call a reference is made to a customer cancellation, which sets me off because HughesNet should own their mistake.

As of my last Invoice, August 24th, I am still being charged for voice service, as though it has not been cancelled. I am confident that a friendly reminder will get me all the appropriate credit to my account, therefore I am more concerned over not having service to my phone.

Please, do what needs to be done to get my phone turned back on.

9 REPLIES 9
Liz

Hi kperry, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. We certainly want to get to the bottom of this and get everything squared away for you. I've pulled up your account and have begun investigating. I'll post back once I have new updates for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi kperry,

Thank you for your patience while we continue to work your case. We want to get your HughesNet Voice service up and running again for you.

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you Liz,
I think that because I still show that I have voice service on my invoice it is not officially cancelled. It's a challenging technicality, because the tech support over the phone cannot process a cancellation since the phone has already been turned off. Without a proper cancellation I apparently cannot get a new phone account.
It feels as though the HughesNet procedures for this are severely faulted and the reason customer service is having such a difficult time with my case.
Thank you for your time.
~ Katherine Perry

You're welcome Katherine.

Yes, we're trying to cancel that VOIP service in our system so we can re-order the VOIP service for you in order to get your phone back online. I've already escalated your case to our internal technical billing team who can help facilitate this.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

I'm still waiting for voice service. Nothing has happened. No one has called with any updates.

Hi kperry,

Thank you for posting, I do apologize for the lack of updates, I haven't gotten any myself. I've pinged some folks for an update on this escalation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Today.

TODAY! October 30, 2017.

A replacement for my voice service equipment arrived today.

Hughesnet FINALLY figured out how to properly cancel my faulted voice service so that they could send new equipment for me to setup phone service in my home. Recall that it was shut off in May. MAY! I hope others haven't had to manage like this.

Now I just need to figure out how to activate it.

I have continued to incur charges for voice service on my account since we last communicated. Is there anything you can do to adjust that for me?

Thank you.

Today.

TODAY! October 30, 2017.

A replacement for my voice service equipment arrived today.

Hughesnet FINALLY figured out how to properly cancel my faulted voice service so that they could send new equipment for me to setup phone service in my home. Recall that it was shut off in May. MAY! I hope others haven't had to manage like this.

Now I just need to figure out how to activate it.

I have continued to incur charges for voice service on my account since we last communicated. Is there anything you can do to adjust that for me?

Thank you.

Hi kperry,

Thank you for letting me know, I will certainly provide you with the appropriate credits today. Please go to this site to activate your Voice service: voice.hughesnet.com/activate/