cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet isn't working at all!!!

New Poster

My internet isn't working at all!!!

I have not been able to connect to the internet since sometime last night!! Tried chatting with an agent and it was taking 20 minutes for her to even reply with a yes or no!! How awful!! What is going on?? Is there a known issue or what? Are u going to give use credit for the time this service hasn't worked????

2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: My internet isn't working at all!!!

@jwpmlp2014

Is your service still down?  If so, have you tried power cycling the modem?  Power cycling means unplugging the modem, waiting about a minute, then plugging it back in and waiting for it to finish booting, which takes about two or three minutes.  Make sure to unplug the modem at the outlet, NOT at the back of the modem. 

If the above procedure makes no difference, and if you have the modem plugged into a power strip or surge protector, please trying plugging it directly into an outlet.  Also, please check to make sure that the power plug at the back of the modem is snug.  Be careful with this plug, as it is delicate, but just make sure that it's not loose.  In addition, please check to make sure that the coax connector at the back of the modem is finger tight.  It doesn't need to be tighter, but make sure that it isn't loose.  

Please reply back if you are still having an issue after trying and checking these things. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Re: My internet isn't working at all!!!

Hellow jwpmlp2014,

Thank you for posting, we're sorry for the delay in responding to you. I see that you have a visit from a technician scheduled to repair the problem. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Amanda