Hughesnet Community

My speeds are at 767 down load and 25-33 upload, direct wired into modem, spent an hour onphone with tech with no improvement.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff Shook

My speeds are at 767 down load and 25-33 upload, direct wired into modem, spent an hour onphone with tech with no improvement.

I had the Hughes Net service installed 5 mos ago, my property is in an open field with zero trees, the dish is mounted on the ground so no obstalcles of the building. From day one I had internet but awlful speed. I have called custoemr support multiple times, the first time they blamed it on a storm the next time I spent an hour on the phone with a tech and direct wired into modem both times, I ju the last ime he said we'll do some repairs on our end and in aday or 2 o you'll get a call. It never happend. I was told I'd get a $25 reduction on my$90 bill. Frankly in should be an $85 reduction.......my service is running at 767 Down Load and 25-33 upload which is 97% worse than the avgrage Hughes net customer.
15 REPLIES 15
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Jeff. 

If you haven't already, could you run some tests at testmy.net.  The instructions on what to do are in the link below.  Also, make sure that when you are running the tests, you use a single device connected directly to the modem.  NO ROUTER.  Also make sure to create the account, run the tests under that account and use the test size described. 

http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Chris11
Alum

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for posting today and welcome to the community. We definitely need some speed tests posted here to evaluate and better address your concerns. We'll look out for them. I'd also like to run some diagnostics on your site and make sure you are effectively communicating with the satellite. If you can provide me with a recent case number or your modem serial I can start investigating on your behalf. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris
catherine.glack

My service sucks as well. Paying for 9-15 mbps and getti gless then 1mbps!!! 11 days of crappy service and techs still ha emt called me... i have called 4 times
Amanda

paintedskyranch

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/my-speeds-are-at-767-down-load-a....

I have tried on different laptops with and without VPN installed and both have similar results.  I don't have drop box on the main laptop and don't use iCloud, its a pc.  Usually there are only one or maybe 2 devices that ever connect at a time.  Usually when I run diagnostic with IT its one device and the one device with very little on it and its relatively new so the machine is not bogged down.  I am wide open to anything that will fix my speeds.  this address is not primary home so i am not there to be able to catch a level 5 IT person at a certain time but i plan on calling back in the next few days to connect to try.  I'm not far from my end of the rope with trying though the other day with level 4 IT the speeds were so pathetic even the Tech was shocked.  We've tried all kinds of things, direct wired to modem, safe mode.......   Is there a way to see the modem has the speed what if there was a wire issue between the dish and the modem?  Realistically If I don't find the answer soon I'll look back into Exede, I have it at my mountain home and its faster and no problem and frankly way cheaper.  I was sold on your newer satelittes, bandwidth and speeds but I have never received any of that since the service was installed.  somehting isn't right.  By the way they say my wireless router is working properly too.  so I'm clueless, this is not what i do for a living.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: I have very slow internet. Paying for 9-15mbps.... getting less then 1mbps for t....
Chris11
Alum

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting an update. What are your most recent speed test results. Based on your recent case history I don't see any calls in for support listing them. I see some attempts for our trouble shooting center to contact you, which were unsuccessful, but that's about it. Also, what website are you using to run the tests.

- Chris
paintedskyranch

Me and the last level 4 tech ran it six times download is roughly 1.3 -700 mbs download and about 800kbs upload, I'm going to make an attempt to call level 5 today after 1 pm EST
paintedskyranch

I got # to call tech support level 5 and been on hold for 45 mins, the recording said 15mins, it has taken me since June to get to this level and the amount of delays and being put on hold, we'll call you back, oh your case # got cancelled we'll have to start over, once before I was on hold trying to get a level 5 rep and the phone cut off and couldn't get back then it was after hours.  its 9:08 est so that could happen tonite unless I can't sit here and listen to elevator music any longer.  I'm at 49 Mins now on hold.  All I want is service that is within the range of being acceptable for the ultra plan.

I ran speed tests just a few mins ago  1.2 Mbs download and 176 kps upload, this will no operate any decent web based applications.  I'm not on VPN, I'm on a PC, I'm direct wired into modem.  I think the refund policy may be nasty but if I don't get a level 5 tech to fix my problem, then I guess I'll be forced to craft my letter to the FTC and see what needs to be done to get a full refund.

This customer service process is the worst I have ever experienced!!! in 55 YRS!  unbelieveable, after 1 hr 5 mins phone disconnected.  Worst customer service company ever......

Lets get me on phone with level 5 and try one last time if they can't fix it you owe me a full refund.
Chris11
Alum

Hello Jeff,

I'm sure we can help you here. Although I still am not seeing any of these recent calls come up in case notes. If you don't mind answering some of my questions I'm sure we can help get this resolved. Where are you running tests with our level 4 and 5 techs? Via www.testmy.net?

- Chris
paintedskyranch

Level 4 I have never been able to get a level 5 tech, I was on the phone on hold for an 1.10 mins friday eve and then the phone hung up probably after 8pm CST.  the address is not my primary so I'll have to call back but its hard when you have to work for a living and I'm not at this address every day.
Chris11
Alum

Hi paintedskyranchridingschool,

Are you using www.testmy.net to run speed tests?

- Chris
paintedskyranch

absolutely after 6 mos of trying of course, my plan is today to try to get over there to call the level 5 hotline and code and see if they can help, if this final step doesn't work I'm bailing to exede.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Jeff,

I have offered you support. Other community members have offered you help as well, but we need more information from you which you don't seem to want to provide. So, I'll take that as you just needing to vent. We'll be here if you need us.

Thanks,
Chris
paintedskyranch

I spent 2 hours on phone again last nite with tech support, to replicate the data for the higher level support, we used supportcenterHughes net to run speeds, I'm on the ultra plan, the speeds last nite were roughly 1 mb down load and .50 mb of upload.  the challenge and vent is access to the highest level tech dept,....they have to call me during hrs M-F 9-7.  This property is not my primary residence and is remote, I work during the week.  when they call I'm not at the location or haven't been able to retrieve call at the time they call.  The case # gets cancelled and we have to start over again so we have been thru this process at least 8-9 times.  Its a waste of your resources and mine and my $99 per month, so vent yeah!  But on some level you guys should re think how you take care of the customer.  The way I left it last nite was I gave the tech a window of time for their higher level support to call on Friday evening, I'll make the trip and be there during those hours.  It'll be interesting to see if we connect and if these guys/gals have any solutions, if they do great I can maybe finally get what I pay for, if not the case will be made for full refund.  We'll see if they can call during those hours, I hope so I don't want to keep this madness going and if what you advertise is true it should work, Gen 4 is not working for me.  go back thru the thread what support has any one offered?  asked a few questions which i answered.....frustrated h@ll yeah, you would be too.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Jeff,

Chris is trying to help you, but if you don't answer his questions he can't do so. 

The question...Have you been using testmy.net for your requested speed tests?

If so, please post the results page URL.  You can do so by signing in to your testmy.net account, click on "Results" and copy, then past the URL into a post on here.  It will look like the following, but with your account user name where it says yourusername....

http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

This will enable Chris, who is a Rep at the corporate level, to begin helping you.