cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO INTERNET, NEED TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Highlighted
Spectator

NO INTERNET, NEED TECHNICAL SUPPORT

I HAVE TRIED ALL THE TRICKS I CAN FIND ON THE INTERNET AND THIS WEBSITE TO RESET MODEM/RESTORE INTERNET TO NO AVAIL. WE BOTH NEED TO BE ABLE TO WORK FROM HOME AT THIS TIME. I HAVE TRIED CALLING TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND APPARENTLY HUGHES NET HAS CLOSED IT DOORS. I THOUGHT INTERNET SUPPORT WOULD FALL UNDER ESSENTIAL PERSONEL.  I TRIED THE 192 WEBSITE BUT IT WILL NOT CONNECT TO MODEM. I AM NEEDING REAL TECHNICAL SUPPORT FROM HUGHESNET THEMSELVES TO RESOLVE MY ISSUES. YES I AM FRUSTRATED 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: NO INTERNET, NEED TECHNICAL SUPPORT

@kholman21 

HughesNet hasn't closed its doors.  They are overwhelmed with calls and have less people to take them.  When the number of callers on hold builds to a certain level, they stop taking calls until they get through some and that volume drops, and then they take more.  If you keep trying you'll eventually get through, though your hold time will probably be extensive.  

Please DO NOT reset the HughesNet modem unless instructed to by a HughesNet representative, and then only do so in the manner they instruct.  Resetting the modem incorrectly or under the wrong circumstances can cause more harm than good.

A few quesitons...

• Are all six lights on the front of the modem lit? 

• When trying to access the System Control Center, either using this or this address, have you tried with a LAN cable connected device?  Remember, you must be connected to the modem to access this page.  If you can get to the SCC, click on System Status at the top.  On that page, what do you see listed for the State Code in the System Summary box near the top, and the Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the bottom left?  

When replying, please refrain from using all CAPS.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Hi kholman21,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I can certainly help get you back online. First let's see if a modem swap will do the job. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hi kholman21,

I pulled up your account to follow up on your site--glad to see you're back online! If you have any other concerns, feel free to post back in the community.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.