NO INTERNET, SYSTEM AND WIFI LIGHTS NOT LIGHTING UP ON MODEM

New Poster

NO INTERNET, SYSTEM AND WIFI LIGHTS NOT LIGHTING UP ON MODEM

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: NO INTERNET, SYSTEM AND WIFI LIGHTS NOT LIGHTING UP ON MODEM

@Hooper 

The first thing to do is try power cycling the HughesNet modem.  To do so, unplug the modem from either the wall outlet or the power pack (but NOT by the plug at the back of the modem), wait for at least 30 seconds, then plug the modem back in.  Then, after waiting for at least five minutes, see if the lights are on and try to access the net.  

If you still can't get online, and preferably with a device that is connected directly to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable, try going to this page.  If you can get to that page, what do you see listed for the State Code in the System Summary box near the top of the page?  Also, what do you see listed for your Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the bottom left?  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
New Poster

The two lights that won't light up are the system and transmit lights. I have tried unplugging and resetting with no luck so far. Any suggestions?
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Hooper 

Are you not able to get to the page with the information?  

Edit:  If you can get to that page and provide the two pieces of information requested, it can help in determining what the problem may be.

As well, it's best not to reset the modem unless instructed to do so by a HughesNet rep, as resetting the modem improperly can actually cause more harm than good.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Good morning Hooper,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I pulled up your account to investigate further and I see you already have a pending site visit. Have you been in contact with your locally assigned dealer lately?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hello Hooper,

Just checking in on your site; I see it's back online since the recent site visit on the 4th. If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.