Hughesnet Community

Need to have my promised discount applied - talked with Chris

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tplzug

Need to have my promised discount applied - talked with Chris

Hello, I had an issue a year ago where I received several offers in the mail for 24 months of free lease if I joined HughesNet. When I joined the offer was not applied. In my thread last year ( https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/contract-i-signed-up-for-is-not-the-contract-i-rece... ) I was able to get help from @Chris (Official Rep) to get the first 12 months applied.

However I was told that I would need to contact you again in a year (11/25/2016) to get the remaining 12 months of free lease applied. Chris said all of the notes are in case number 51236406.

So, here I am. I tried emailing this task/request to communitysupport@hughes.com first a couple days ago, since I'd used that previously to send the PDF of the offer last year, but the email wasn't acknowledged so I don't know for sure if anyone's seen it or not.

What I am seeking: confirmation that the free lease will be applied for the next 12 months.

If I need to post or email the PDF of the original offer again, let me know; I still have it (and of course, it's still in last year's topic linked above, too).

3 REPLIES 3
Chris11
Alum

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for posting. I have gone ahead and reapplied the discount which was promised. You will continue to pay the same amount for another 12 months. If for any reason this is not reflected on your next bill please let me know.

Thank you,
Chris
tplzug

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why did my bill just nearly DOUBLE? Please fix..

Between last month and this month, my bill nearly doubled. I have not changed plans and the only 'promotion' I was a part of was a two year deal (of which I am only one year into, so it should not have changed either). I have not gone over my data limit or anything (and even if I had, that should not have changed my bill according to what I've been told).

The monthly bill was already quite high compared to my previous carrier, and the speed delivered by HughesNet is less than 10% of what the plan promised (promised: 12Mbps get: less than 1Mbps no matter what time of day or what I'm doing or which speed test I use). I won't quibble overmuch about the speed - it's still (usually) sufficient for my needs since I don't watch Netflix and such. But my point is, I'm certainly not going to accept an even more inflated bill for a plan that is already majorly under-delivering on its promises.

Please return my plan back to last month's amount and keep it there for the remaining 12 months of my promotion. That's all I'm asking. (Though a credit for the $25 difference for the current month would be appreciated).

Link to the thread where Chris set my promotion to what I was offered in a mailing from HughesNet is here.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Nicole,

I've added a $25 dollar credit. Because of the way our billing system is set up, when I extended the discount originally 3 weeks ago, our system could only apply it on the next bill. Which will back to normal and what you should expect for the next 12 months. I hope this clears everything up.

Thanks,
Chris