cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New (12/13/17) Gen5 user with slow evening data rates

New Poster

New (12/13/17) Gen5 user with slow evening data rates

I'm a new Gen5 user as of 12/13/17 and am experiencing the same evening data rate slowdown as is already well documented here.

My info:

EchoStar - 19 NAD

Gateway 14

Beam 68

Outroute 10

TestMy.net results: http://testmy.net/quickstats/dwhoule and report image below.

Based on the multitude of forum posts on this topic, it looks like this is a chronic HughesNet technical issue that is not being resolved, so I'll likely cancel my contract so as not to waste any more money here.

dwhoule Speed Test Results.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
New Poster

Re: New (12/13/17) Gen5 user with slow evening data rates

Good luck with that 'cancel' plan. In March of 2017 they stopped giving you 30 days to cancel and now you are stuck for the two year duration of the contract unless you want to pay $400 to get out. Please post a reply if you are able to cancel it as we just had Gen5 HughesNet installed yesterday, 12/14/17, and immediately disliked it. Our Verizon Jetpack is slower than molasses and sucks up data, but right away it was better than HughesNet.

So incredibly disappointed that HughesNet sales people LIED about how fast it would be and how many devices could be connected at one time with 'fast' results.

Distinguished Professor IV

@azkolb

If you are not on beam 68, like the OP, or beam 55, it would benefit you to start a new topic to receive help with your speed issue.  Look in the Satellite box on the following page to determine your beam... http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information

BTW, the 30 day trial was done away with long before March 2017.   

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor I

" it looks like this is a chronic HughesNet technical issue that is not being resolved, so I'll likely cancel my contract so as not to waste any more money here."

Actually, they are working on resolving the issue.

Freshman

they are working to correct it?  That is GREAT NEWS.