cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

val_t
Senior

Re: New Gen 5 due to bad Gen 4 Still no glory! What now? :(

I have another question for someone familiar with settings.

If I turn off my 5 ghz wifi ....... will that mess with wired thruput?  I ask because it is showing a yellow !

state code.JPG 

Val

MarkJFine
Professor

It won't. In fact you can turn both wifi radios off and it won't hurt the ethernet connection at all.

The caution warning is just there to remind you that the radio is off and nothing set for 5GHz wifi will operate. Nothing really more than that.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
val_t
Senior

Ok thanks Mark!

I didn't think it should but you never know.   I did that to keep my TV from accessing the wifi

Val

val_t
Senior

I would like to reboot my modem.  Will that mess up anything the engineers need or whoever is looking at that info to fix whats wrong with my issues?

And....... can I do it from inside my account?

Val

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@val_t

You can reboot your modem without any problem.  But, without knowing just what it is that the engineers are looking at, you may want to save a screenshot of the following page in case it would be helpful to them at a later time.  http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/state_code/state_code_monitor

You can reboot your modem in one of two ways.  The first, and best way, is to unplug it at the power brick or the outlet (NOT at the back of the modem), wait about thirty seconds, then plug it back in.  After it's plugged back in it takes the modem about four or five minutes to be fully back up.  

Or, you can click Reboot at the top of the following page...  http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/summary  Again, it will take the modem about four or five minutes to be fully back up.  

The first method is better because it fully shuts down the modem when you unplug it, guaranteeing that when you power it back up everything is starting fresh (not the settings, of course).  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
val_t
Senior

I may wait Smiley Sad

I see this in there.  I wasn't watching any videos but was on Amazon looking around.

Val

Problem detected.JPG

val_t
Senior

@GabeU

If I didn't set my Time Settings does that mean all my stuff has wrong time on it?   LOL

I changed it to my time zone just now.  I think was on UTC

Val

GabeU

@val_t wrote:

@GabeU

If I didn't set my Time Settings does that mean all my stuff has wrong time on it?   LOL

I changed it to my time zone just now.  I think was on UTC

Val

You mean the time zone setting on your computer?  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
val_t
Senior

In the  modem settings.  Under Administration

Val

GabeU

@val_t wrote:

In the  modem settings.

Val

If you're referring to the time zone in the WiFi settings (the setting under Administration), no, it won't make any difference.  The internal modem settings are on UTC time, regardless.  It makes it easier for the techs to diagnose issues and such.  It also keeps everything in line with the entire system's settings.