cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HughesNet Mobile App...

Distinguished Professor IV

New HughesNet Mobile App...

Just a heads up to the reps...

I normally keep my 5Ghz WiFi disabled.  When I try the Self Diagnostic tool it shows that there is a problem and that attention is needed, giving me the phone number, but it's not saying why.  The reason in the 5Ghz WiFi being off and having a 14.2.2 State Code.  

The app not stating what the problem is could cause people like me to call, thinking there is something wrong.  I immediately figured that it was tied to the State Code, which I verified by enabling the 5Ghz band and running the test again, so it wasn't a problem for me, but others who have a WiFi band disabled might not know that.  

I know that it's not exactly easy to implement something like that, but for future versions it may be a good idea to not only say that there is a problem, but also to say what it actually is.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: New HughesNet Mobile App...

Hi Gabe! Thanks for the heads up! I'll send this over to our app folks. 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->