cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer. Always this slow? Unusable for most things

New customer. Always this slow? Unusable for most things

I've had HughesNet for about 4 days now.  I get about 2.5 Mbps download at best and .025 Mbps during most other times.   I got this service so I could watch Netflix, youtube, and for my son to play Roblox online, which I clearly explained to the sales person on the phone.  
We cant do any of that.  It is basically unusable.   All we can really do is stare at loading screens on our devices. 
42 REPLIES 42

Re: New customer. Always this slow? Unusable for most things

Hello msnodgrass2,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us. We were able to locate your account and see that you are on our HN9000 Gen4 plan, Connect Pro. This may not be sufficient for your household's usage needs and we'd like to have your sales call reviewed to get a better idea of why our sales agent would have recommended this for you. We will request that the call be reviewed and will reply here with the results.

Thank you,
Amanda

I notice all the way down this community page is complaints about how slow your service is.  What do you consider to be high speed?
Distinguished Professor IV

A few customers having speed problems is just that, a few customers having speed problems.  It's not indicative of their service.  They have well over a million customers (1.4 million I've heard) and the vast majority have no problem.  

With that said, I hope your issue is fixed, whatever the solution.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

What speed does HughesNet consider to be "high speed"?

Amanda, any progress?
Distinguished Professor IV

msnodgrass2, the call reviews can sometimes take up to three working days, but they can also be quite quick.  I'm not trying to answer your question to Amanda, but only letting you know it can take some time. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Tutor

msnodgrass2, only those with "Official Rep" next to their name is a HughesNet employee. All others are just helpful customers just like you and me. If you only want to get replies from HughesNet official reps then you will need to make your post private.

GabeU do you work for HughesNet? 

No need for this to be private.  Everyone should be able to see this as it looks like lots of other customers have similar problems.