New usage graph

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

New usage graph

Have any of you logged into the myAccount page and looked at the updated usage history display?

We have lost the ability to see the hour-by-hour rolling 24 hour usage history.

That is going to hurt.

18 REPLIES 18
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

They changed it from the Usage History to "Remaining Usage History" it appears... Easily found at My Account > Usage > History/View Usage

In this instance I have 49.9GB of Bonus Data remaining and 5.0GB of Anytime remaining for that entire duration.
7f3b3d416f99f593711bae25e04e4d29

I know that ... the one I'm referring to is this one

RackMultipart20170110-119070-1s40a39-MyAccount_History_Meter_snip_inline.PNG

This is the one that tells a user that "x" amount of data was used at 4am.

That is the one that had value for a user with an issue.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yeah that has pretty much been replaced by what I showed...  In a way the same information is still available, it's just less spiky and somewhat reveresed in method of displaying the data...  Instead of showing just how much data was consumed, it shows the data remaining at that time period... Somewhat annoying if someone used it to see X amount used, but the math should still come out to being the same, it also seems more user friendly to me.

But what it doesnt do is show me that Hughes claims I used X amount of data at the 4am time period while I can prove from the modem logs that I was in a 13.1.1 condition during the claimed period.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Hi Gwalk!

Thank you for having a look at the new features in the support center and giving feedback. I've moved your post to its own topic so we can more easily track your feedback about the usage graph specifically. We'll send this info to our devs.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Liz.

To me this goes directly to "accountability"

Many users already have credibility issues with data usage and those hourly details (if done in a timely manner) gave users an important comparison tool to use as a detailed counterpoint to what Hughes claims as usage.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I guess if you can't see the issue from where you are further explanation would only be a waste pixals.

EDIT:

Perhaps you have an alternative method or solution?

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

jezra,

Chastise? Not hardly.

You used to post valuable content here in the Community even if your approach was at times in the form of playing the Devils Advocate.

This is, as you well know, is a help forum. The forum was slated to undergo major updating and as a frequent poster you were invited to take the forum for a spin and offer your input for the betterment of all.

You responded to that with to the effect of that troubleshooting was your occupation. That is fine, your choice, now here you are "picking nits".

In my opinion, push, pull or get out of the way.

You didn't have anything to say when it may have benefited less knowledgeable users and now you seem to have a lot to say.

Gwalk900 is correct. Here is why. Many of us have several devices. Sometimes I have 3 computers on at the same time and an ipad in sleep mode. Sometimes only 1. Sometimes only 2 are on at the same time. You get my point.

If you have a device misbehaving and downloading even a few megabytes, with an hourly history you can quickly determine which device(s) is the problem.

Fortunately my router allows me to track usage is several ways.

Usage per day per device:

Traffic 1 snip.PNG

Traffic Statistics overall including hours of activity:

Traffic Statistics 1 snip.PNG

Traffic Statistics by an individual device including hours of activity:

Traffic Statistics hour by device snip.PNG

For me it serves as a counterpoint and perhaps as a "proof" to what Hughes claims I used. While the Hughes previous data hourly display was "overall usage" it still was a valuable tool to have to be able to define a period of occurrence.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You are losing your miser status Gwalk, getting right up there with my usage. Smiley Wink

router useage.JPG

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I'm not doing too bad. Smiley LOL

DSM.PNG

Gabe did dethrone me 🙂

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I got a little off track last month, but this month is going much better.  Smiley Tongue

Capture.JPG

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Doing really well this month. The boss has been much better with her Netflix/YouTube watching.

Meter Use.JPG

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

giphy.gif

What is the make and model of your router, I want one of those if my Cradlepoint ever stops working.

Mine is an Asus RT-AC3100 running the asuswrt-merlin firmware that enhances the stock Asus firmware;

The 3100 can be a bit pricey for some budgets but here is a list of other Asus models that also run the merlin firmware:

(click on picture for larger image)

Router list snip.PNG

At times you can find factory refurbs with full warrenty through places like Newegg amoung others.