No Reliable Service For Days

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blksn8k1
Freshman

No Reliable Service For Days

I have been having speed issues since about Feb 1. I've called Tech Support twice during that time. Each time I was told that I had used all of my data for the "peak" time period (8AM to 2AM) which is true and at 9:03 AM the System Data Code indicator currently shows 24.1.1 which indicates a "throttled" condition. However, right now I still have 27% of my bonus data for the "off-peak" time period and the speed during that time period was even worse even though the code before 8AM was at 0.0.0. During both of those phone calls I was also told that it was a weather event and that there was heavy user traffic. Well, the sun is shining in my window right now and I have basically no service. As a matter of fact, the only site I can currently access is this one. Imagine that. When I called yesterday at about 7 AM I was also told that the weather on the West Coast was the problem because the satellite signal originates in Oregon. However, during each of those calls I was given a few GB of free data tokens and the weather issues magically disappeared and my service was immediately restored. I have 16 days remaining before my data allowance resets which means I am paying over $90/mon for something that is totally useless for 80% of the month. What happened to your "Unlimited Data" claim? In the past, even if I had used all of my 30GB of peak time period data I still had acceptable speed and better speed during the off-peak hours as long as I still had unused data available. Now I have basically no service at any time of day even though I still have unused data for the off-peak time period. What changed? I assume that since the beginning of Feb the only way to get my service restored will be to purchase extra data tokens? Not happening. I guess it's time to get on the phone and call T-Mobile since I can't access their website either.

6 REPLIES 6
Remy

blksn8k1,

I see this is your first post here. Welcome to the Community! We'd love to help take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate your account through your Community profile. Please send us a private message at the link provided below with your account number or a phone number attached, so we can take a deeper look into this!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy

PM sent.

Well, at least it's consistent. Two days in a row now I have had acceptable speed between approximately 5 PM and 3 AM then nothing. It took approximately 5 minutes just to sign on to this page at about 3:10 AM and I still have 23% of the bonus data available during the Bonus Zone time period which I am currently in and which I cannot use. System State Code is 0.0.0. 

Total garbage!

My service is still in the same basic state as last reported. No speed and essentially no service between approximately 3 AM and 5 PM even though I have unused data for the  "Bonus Zone" time period before 8 AM. Again, this is the only website I can access at 7 AM. I have no doubt that my best option is to drop HughesNet and switch to a cellular service. Fortunately, or unfortunately as the case may be, I have been a HughesNet customer for nearly eight years and will not have to be concerned with cancellation fees. I pity those who are in a different situation. I can't imagine anyone trying to use this service in a work from home or home schooling their children situation.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Keep in mind that adverse weather at your gateway's location can negatively affect your service as well. Your gateway is the ground station your signal directs to. It's on the 'other side' of the satellite, if you think of the satellite as a mirror, reflecting the signal from your location back down to earth at the gateway's location, where it enters the ground infrastructure and the internet.

I only mention this to explain the possibility of weather affecting your service, even when weather at your location is fine. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

Then perhaps you can explain how issuing free data tokens has resolved my supposed "weather" issues not once, but on two different occasions...