No internet connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenniferfon22
New Poster

No internet connection

Hello, I have been out of internet for more than 2 weeks. This is very unacceptable to me as I have the Gen 5 plan. I have been experiencing very poor service since day oneand the service has continued this way up until I lost internet connection. Since that day 2 1/2 weeks ago, I've not been able to make or receive any phone calls from my house. I do have wifi service h. owever that is very iffy, spotty, functionality. I've had phone issues due to a medal roof long before Hughesnet was installed. I got Hughesnet for the main purpose of being able to use my phone. Anyway. I called Hughesnet two weeks ago and the woman I spoke with told me that she was going to ook at my router remotely and try to fix the problem from her end. A few days passed and no change with the internet. Since then, give sent out emails to Hughesnet and haven't received a single reply. This device, tablet I the only device receiving any internet. So I am greatful that I do have a source of outside communication. My smart TV cannot connect, so there's another waste of my money,paying for channels that I cannot use. Anyway, since my phone conversation two weeks ago I have reset the router(just using the process of unplugging the cables and plugging back in). Now, I'd like to reset the router.I do have questions regarding that process: how long do I hokd the reset button on the side of the router? Also, I've read in another customers issue it was suggested that she also press or hold tge WPS button. Is this necessary on all resetting procedures? Or perhaps just to her unique experience? After the reset has been done, what are the next steps to take to connect the router to wifi and the internet? Or maybe it will automatically connect? Clearly, I am not very knowledgeable in this area. Hopefully on a Sunday there is someone with a bit of information and knowledge so that I can complete this taske. Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Just to clarify:

you do have access to the Internet with HughesNet, only it's not working well?

HughesNet does not support wifi calling. Do you have HughesNet voice?

Don't press the red reset button unless you're being guided by a customer service rep. That button resets the modem and nothing will work until you contact customer service to have it reprogrammed to your account. 

Liz

Good morning  Jenniferfon22, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. I pulled up your account and see that you have internet connectivity, but if you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!