cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

gibsoncm
New Poster

No internet

This internet service is a joke. Mines been down for 2 weeks and I can’t get ahold of anyone to help me.
4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: No internet

@gibsoncm 

The reps here are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually reply within a working day, though right now it may take them a little longer.  Still, hopefully you'll get a reply from on one Monday. 

If you still want to try calling them, though they do stop taking calls for a time to bring down the number of those on hold, you should eventually be able to get through if you keep trying.  With that said, your hold time will likely be extensive if/when you do get through.  Just in case, it's 866-347-3292.  

@Liz @Damian 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
gibsoncm
New Poster

The point is I’m paying $80 a month for a service that never works. Terrible service, not just during the pandemic
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

If you've had it over 5 months, you might want to consider canceling, is it may be cheaper to do so than to keep paying monthly for something that isn't working out for you. 

You could also try to figure out what (outside of the pandemic) is going on, by working with the reps here.  Patience will be needed, as services are slowed down significantly nationwide, and not just HN. 

gibsoncm wrote:
The point is I’m paying $80 a month for a service that never works. Terrible service, not just during the pandemic

Liz

Good morning gibsoncm,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I was able to pull up your account and I see the HughesNet equipment is up and running normally, although you are out of service plan data. 

I also see that the Roomba, Hopper, iPhone, and iPad only have a fair wifi signal strength, so you may want to move them closer to the modem. For the iPad, you can first try moving it from the 5 GHz network to the 2.4 GHz network as it has a bigger range.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.