No internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoofnpaws
New Poster

No internet

State code 12.27.1 when the out side Temp is above 100 degrees in northern Ca called tech support several times no solutions they replaced the modem still same problem soon as it cools down begins working again on and off
5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

12.27.1?  That doesn't look right.  The middle number should be one digit.  It should be X.X.X,  X.X.XX, XX.X.X or XX.X.XX.  

MarkJFine
Professor

If the modem were overheating, the power light would go red. If it's white, it's ok.

If the code is actually 12.7.1 (assuming the extra '2' was a typo) it means that the dish radio is transmitting "I'm here", but not receiving an acknowledgement back. This could be from a number of things - way too many to go into here, but imagine anything from the dish to the satellite, to the gateway... bsically everything except the your computer, the modem, and the dish transciever.

Try repowering the modem and bringing everything up. If it goes away, great. If not, wait an hour or so to see if it's just a temporary 'blip' in the system (satellite down, system congestion, etc.).

Worst case scenario, if it doesn't clear up on it's own, you may need a technician out there to re-range the dish. Again - that's a worst case scenario.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Good morning Hoofnpaws,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. Mark is correct, after running diagnostics on your site, looks like you do need a tech out there to replace the radio. Your case history shows that you reached out to us Saturday night and now have a pending dispatch to address this. Please let us know how it goes and if you have additional concerns we can address for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

so far no contact from hughes net. I bet they take they take take there monthly fee and i still have no internet. i say they cancell there conract and pick up there equipment

Good morning,

If your assigned dealer has not yet contacted you to schedule an appointment, you may contact them:

B & T Satellite Inc (530) 244-1988

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!